Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the Nissan lot on Sunday to look at the Titan for the first time. While I was there I was surprised to see the estamated gas milage on the Titan at 14/18 and the 2004 Frontier at 15/18. From what I am hearing, the 2005 Frontier is expected to be the same. I've been sole searching over the past few days and wondering if I really need a full-sized truck, thinking maybe I'll hold out for a 2005 Frontier. Obviously, gas milage shouldn't be an issue!

·
Registered
779 Posts
2005 Frontier

with my luck and driving habit a v6 2005 Frontier i would get 12 mpg average!
i'll stay with my 11 mpg Titan

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
If you are not worried about not being able to park a Titan in your garage and if you don't live in a place with tight parking spaces like NYC, think big! :lol:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yes, it's very simple. If the Titan fits in your garage, buy it. (Test drive the Titan AND the other makes too, and you'll be sure to get a Titan.)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Tinman said:
I went to the Nissan lot on Sunday to look at the Titan for the first time. While I was there I was surprised to see the estamated gas milage on the Titan at 14/18 and the 2004 Frontier at 15/18. From what I am hearing, the 2005 Frontier is expected to be the same. I've been sole searching over the past few days and wondering if I really need a full-sized truck, thinking maybe I'll hold out for a 2005 Frontier. Obviously, gas milage shouldn't be an issue!
I am also vacillating between full size and mid size. Its surprising that the much lighter Frontier 4WD V6 Auto and the Tacoma 4WD V6 Auto do not do much better in mileage than the heavier V8 equipped trucks. The Tacoma is rated at 16 city/19 hwy, but hopefully that will improve with the new Tacoma that will debut Feb 5. Makes me think that the V6 motors are being overworked in these 2 trucks. I think the Chevy Colorado with the inline-5 gets 17city/22hwy. All of these trucks would really benefit from a 6 cylinder diesel powerplant!

Has anybody actually gotten 18mpg in their Titan?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Bayou Titan said:
If you are not worried about not being able to park a Titan in your garage and if you don't live in a place with tight parking spaces like NYC, think big! :lol:
Thinking big also means a significantly higher initial purchase price. Not sure if there are also big differences in insurance costs between a full size and mid size pickup.

·
Premium Member
4,088 Posts
Years ago I considered buying a Dodge Dakota and saw that the sticker price wasn't much lower than a full size truck and the gas mileage wasn't that much better either. So I asked myself ,why buy a small truck? I ended up buying full size and I am glad that I did. The sticker price and fuel economy needs to be significantly better for me to want to buy a small truck. If you want a small truck for maneuverabilty, buy a small truck, ortherwise think big.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts