Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hauling my snowmobiles today and lost momentum in the turn off for the parking lot, went to put it in 4hi and the dash light indicated it was on but when I went to move I just spun. My brother in law went out and said my front tires weren't spinning at all and only one rear tire was spinning. Same thing happened when I tried 4lo. There are no odd noises or clunks, any ideas?

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok Im completely clueless when it comes to axles and anything with them. Is there just a replacement part I can order and install? I really dont want to have to take my titan to a shop and get raped with labor.

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Step 1 is to look and see if (1) there is space between the diff housing and the flange that bolts up the CV shaft (look at both sides of the diff) and perhaps also (2) gear oil leak where the half shaft goes into the diff.

You may be able to push it back into place. The best permanent repair option is replacing the diff with the 2006+ upgraded diff (around $1300 or so shipped from courtesy parts) that has a stronger reinforced housing and half shafts that are more resistant to pulling out. Another alternative is to rebuild the diff with improved halfshafts, clips & side gears which requires more work & mechanical aptitude.

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-engine-transmission-drivetrain/106359-my-experience-diy-ing-front-differential-titan.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts