Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I went to my friends house and picked him up. When we got back to his house I put it in park and then put it all the way back to first again. Then as I made it go up to park again I noticed it getting stuck and it took some trouble to get it into park. I told him to hop in and shift it to drive so I could hear for anything wrong with my transmission. I heard a loud crack but it wasn't from the transmission it was the shift knob. It sounded like the plastic or something broke in it and now it takes a lot of trouble to get it from gear to gear. Also when I put it in park, it wont lock in, therefore I can't take my key out. I'm going to take it to the local dealer tomorrow and see what they say (I hate to be frank, but they're generally douchebags everytime I go over there). I want to be able to tell them exactly what I believe is wrong with it which is why I have came to the smartest Titan tech group I can think of! So please give me some input as to what's wrong with it. Thanks for your time -David

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Soooo it's been an hour and a half and I really want to know what you guys think is wrong. Pleeeeaaaaassseeeee

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Problem with the shift interlock mechanism?

"I told him to hop in and shift it to drive so I could hear for anything wrong with my transmission. I heard a loud crack but it wasn't from the transmission it was the shift knob."

If he forced it out of park without putting his foot on the brake, the shift lock solenoid won't disengage. If the electrical system for the interlock failed (e.g. brake switch), forcing it would also break something. If you read the owner's manual, there is a manual shift lock release you can use instead of breaking stuff.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks for mentioning that man. I'm not going to lie, he was a little bit high when he did it so the dips*** might have forgotten to hold my brake. I'll ask him. Ugh I immediately regret even leaving the house today :mad:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts