Nissan Titan Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
ipdm relay has a recall on it, if its not done yet its probobly the ipdm relay, search here how to swap with the fog light relay for temporary fix, just search ipdm relay lots of threads about it

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am not seeing how yall would think this is battery or alternator. The truck starts it just doesnt run. If it was battery then the truck would not turn over enough to start. If it was the alternator the battery would still let the truck run till the battery dies. So how would it be battery or alternator?

·
Registered
2 Posts
i wish i could figure my 2004 titan out. starts sometimes and sonetimes just spudders or dies on the road. replaced cam and crank sensors the gas cap the ecu relay cleaned mafs. still having problems. can smell gas when trying to start anyhelp would be great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
latest news:

Got a call from the mechanic this morning who thinks the problem with the truck is the crankshaft sensor. Makes sense considering it has been running "rough" if you can even call it running before it sputters out...

sounds to me from internet sleuthing that the fuel pump among other things rely on input from the crankshaft sensor. Spark also plays into the mix as if the crankshaft sensor isn't able to figure out where top-dead-center is, then ignition will be off, fuel is off, and whatever else will become problems... or something...

Anyway, anyone else who happens to peruse this thread have this sensor go bad or go out?
Hi
Did you ever fix your Titan
I started my truck today, drove to estimate, was rainy. Got on job site, turned it off. Once done I started, it started blinking like I won some type of jackpot, and run like on 4 cylinders. Few seconds later died. Tow it home, messed with relays, switch them back and forth and started car. Drove around, turned it of and now it’s f... dead again.
Any tips what to do???

21 - 24 of 24 Posts