Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, this started a while ago and wasnt really an issue, but it is getting worse... I remember reading something about IPDM recall or something like that... any advice on how I should handle... I called the dealer and gave them my vin and they said I had two recalls on a fan and some electrical system thing..., but NO starter thingy... :) Any advice is helpful...

Thanx

Eric

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Ok, this started a while ago and wasnt really an issue, but it is getting worse... I remember reading something about IPDM recall or something like that... any advice on how I should handle... I called the dealer and gave them my vin and they said I had two recalls on a fan and some electrical system thing..., but NO starter thingy... :) Any advice is helpful...

Thanx

Eric
I would start with the IPDM... Any check engine lights or codes thrown?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
havent taken it anywhere to get looked at, but I just saw the ipdm swap realy thing... , plus my mechanic buddy is coming to look at it... I just hate to pay for something that may have had a recall, and I know sometimes if you show them certain forum talk, they will honor some stuff, and etc... will keep ya posted

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Sounds like a classic IPDM ECM relay issue. If you want to confirm this, jus swap the ECM relay with the fog light relay. If it works then you just need to get the new relay under the recall. But you shouldn't drive it with a failing IPDM. Lots of guys had their cats load up with fuel and disintegrate, then get sucked into the motor, ruining it in the process, all because they avoided fixing the ECM relay because it was working intermittently. Get the recall ASAP.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts