Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wednesday night coming home from work it was raining allot, and there where floods everywhere, I justed passed through one and nothing happened to my truck it kept runing good and it really was not that much water. But this morning whent to start my truck and it would not start...
It was not battery because it would try to start but just couldnt start completly.
I had to end up getting it towed to the dealer.

Im so mad, the Mechanic told me he would check everything out and give me a call later thursday.

Well today is friday and still no news, called this morning and said there still working on it and that they will call me...
This really SUCKS!!!:crying: :crying: :crying:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
luiscaratinijr said:
Wednesday night coming home from work it was raining allot, and there where floods everywhere, I justed passed through one and nothing happened to my truck it kept runing good and it really was not that much water. But this morning whent to start my truck and it would not start...
It was not battery because it would try to start but just couldnt start completly.
I had to end up getting it towed to the dealer.

Im so mad, the Mechanic told me he would check everything out and give me a call later thursday.

Well today is friday and still no news, called this morning and said there still working on it and that they will call me...
This really SUCKS!!!:crying: :crying: :crying:

did the water lvl go over the hood?

if so your intake may have taken in some water... not good. Hope its ok

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The water only reached the botton of my door...
But I have the stock sealed intake box... with a different intake tube.
I really have no clue, cause @ night I used it for like45 minutes more after the I passed the flood. The Thursday morning wouldnt start..

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
luiscaratinijr said:
The water only reached the botton of my door...
But I have the stock sealed intake box... with a different intake tube.
I really have no clue, cause @ night I used it for like45 minutes more after the I passed the flood. The Thursday morning wouldnt start..
did you check your dipstick to see if you had any water in your oil? I know that the truck is at the dealers now...

also could have been water got into the wiring harness

·
Registered
64 Posts
Could be that's it's not even related to the water you went thru. Wait for the results and let us know what happened....GOOD LUCK.... But rule of thumb is NEVER drive thru water if it's covering the road. That's really dumb.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At the time it looked funny, cause I saw one guy in a honda civic and he went buy, I said if he can I can, and i went through. I really dont think it suckek water through the filter, It wasnt that much water. I just have to wait.

·
Registered
113 Posts
So what came of it??

My truck is down a the dealer right now as it somehow sucked oil into the intake and MAF. How that happened, neither I nor the dealer know. Hopefully they figure it out soon enough.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Just throw this out there for a heads-up, but if your driver's side door switch, interior harness/interior light isn't turning on when you open the door, ...and you have your headlamp switch in the auto position, your battery will run down.

It's hard to spot because you'll use your key fob to gain entry, and that turns your interior courtesy lights on. You need to check it by opening the driver's door when it's already unlocked to check if the courtesy lights are coming on. If they don't, then the CPU thinks you are still in the vehicle after you've exited, and doesn't start the headlamp off-delay timer, so the lights stay on indefinitely and the battery drains.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts