Nissan Titan Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,546 Posts
I have an F-350 long bed. My Polaris Ranger 900XP (single bench) is shorter than a four seater RZR. My Ranger will not fit in the bed with the tailgate up. My trailer will not fit with the tailgate down (it hits the tongue jack).

Trailer tongue weight: 940 lbs to 1500 lbs (It's a toy hauler, with nothing in the garage the tongue is really heavy)
Ranger real weight: 1500 lbs.

Truck cargo capacity: 3200 lbs.

3200 - 1500 - 1500 = 200 lbs left over for passengers and other cargo.

If a 1 ton truck can just barely squeak in that much stuff, a Titan sure isn't going to do it.

Options:
1. Get a different truck. Not a 3/4 ton either. Get a 1 ton.
2. Get a bumper pull toy hauler trailer. This will require option #1.
3. Get a fifth wheel trailer and pull the RZR on a small trailer behind the fifth wheel. This will also require option #1.
4. Leave the RZR at home.
5. Bring the RZR on a small trailer using a second tow vehicle.

Reactions: FlawleZ

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all,

I recently purchased a 21' ultralite camper (3500 dry & 4200'ish with tanks full etc...) and am eyeballing a 2017 diesel Titan XD with low miles.

I am still new to RVs/towing/trucks etc...

We are also planning on buying a 4 seater razor (or some variant) to be transported on the bed (I've seen various configurations, it seems to work?). The 4 seater UTVs seem to weigh roughly 1700 lbs.

My question is, is it safe? The math all seems to work out, but I wanted to hear from Titan owners.
The trailer will tow like a dream.....here's my setup.....
20200307_142508.jpg

·
Registered
37 Posts
Uh oh, that's not good. Thanks I'll start digging.
I just bought a 2019 Titan XD Diesel and have had zero problems so far with it and have a hair under 7,000 miles on it. Today I hauled a pallet of water 1,630 pounds about 100 miles for the Soldiers. It was like it wasn't even in the bed. I believe it has a rating of 1650. My previous truck was the 2017 Nissan Titan CC 4x4, and while I love the ride of that and all the bells and whistles the Diesel pulls and drives excellent, and I got it for the payload and towing capacity

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just bought a 2019 Titan XD Diesel and have had zero problems so far with it and have a hair under 7,000 miles on it. Today I hauled a pallet of water 1,630 pounds about 100 miles for the Soldiers. It was like it wasn't even in the bed. I believe it has a rating of 1650. My previous truck was the 2017 Nissan Titan CC 4x4, and while I love the ride of that and all the bells and whistles the Diesel pulls and drives excellent, and I got it for the payload and towing capacity
I have a 2018 with 40k miles and it's been perfect.....yours looks great!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a 2018 with 40k miles and it's been perfect.....yours looks great!
Thanks, I bought the "MIDNIGHT" edition and it has a bit more black than I like so I am having some custom leather work done (OMG - is that expensive) but it looks sweet, that and everyone kept telling me my truck looked like a storm trooper so I put a decal of one on the back tailgate.

Attachments

21 - 26 of 26 Posts