Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody ever gotten a stock xe with a 6 disc as an option? I was scouring through the forums for threads on this topic about guys trying to upgrade their single disc player (what I currently have) to a stock 6 disc set up. My truck is parked outside alot, partial time on campus as well so, aftermarket is currently out of the question. But i also love the factory look, and I would love to have the aux port. I am patient enough to wait online for somebody that is selling an standard xe 6 disc player if this is an available option, not intersted in the RF set up or bose either. What's your input guys. Thanks

·
Registered
6,390 Posts
2006+ offered the "Preferred Package" which gave XE's the SE's Non RF 6 Disc MP3 Compatible CD Player. I've got it on mine.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what's the preferred package? I have power windows/locks and rear power window and my truck is 2007

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
My 2008 XE has the non-RF 6 disc CD changer. It's having an issue right now where I can't get it to load a disc. It just beeps 3 times. Apparently this is the result of a crappy Chinese product.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anybody have a picture of their 6 disc so I can compare if I find anything online.

·
Registered
393 Posts
The one you posted from ebay looks exactly like the one i have in my 2005 xe with the preferred package. I think the preferred package (king cab) came with the 6 disc changer, rear slider (not power), rear tinted windows, overhead console, ez up/down tailgate and some other stuff im probably forgetting. No power windows came with the xe king cab but they did on the crew cab unless it changed in 07 but since you have a power slider in guessing you have a crew cab.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ya its like you can't get one or the other, Ya I have the crew cab, no over head console though. Ok cool, so I'm hoping that if i get it, the connections will work, do you have steering wheel audio controls?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Not sure if it will plug rite in but it should. I don't have the audio controls on the steering wheel but I kinda wish it did. The only thing i have on the steering wheel is the cruise control.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yeah the one in the ebay add is what you are looking for. I have an 07 xe crew cab and it came with a 6 disc changer, overhead console with map lights, floor mats (what an upgrade) a tow hitch, bed liner and se wheels. I like the 6 disc changer but never use it as the ipod is always hooked up into the aux port. I am gonna put a dvd screen in real soon so I will probably have mine for sale in the not so distant future. Like cali titan said no steering wheel controls but there is a writeup somewhere on the forum on how to add the oem controls to the steering wheel.

·
Registered
6,390 Posts
I added steering wheel controls later, be sure to follow directions concerning the Airbag system! Fairly easy job with instructions

IIRC: 2006 Preferred Package included 6 Disc CD Player, Bedliner Spray, larger Overhead Console, Remote Controlled Door Locks/Windows and Anti-Theft System. Electric Rear Window was Standard on the Crew Cab starting in 06. I also got the Big Tow Package, which was 3.357 (3.36) Gears, Class lll/lV Receiver and Tow Wiring, Tow Hooks (and ABLS?). BT required the PP. Perfect for me!

Lots of people have upgraded to the 6 Disc, you just don't want to buy a RF System as it is wired differently.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Everyone in the forum was telling me that if i got the midline 6 disc changer (not RF system) that I would still have to have a spot for my harness coming from the faceplate of the 6 disc changer. Is that true? or should I have a spot to plug it into once I open up.

·
Registered
128 Posts
i have an 05 se with the 6 disc as well, preferred package i guess? anyways im looking to upgrade mine pretty soon, next month or two, if you dont have one by then ill cut you a deal on mine. but does anyone know on the 05 king cab with the preferred package did it come with keyless entry?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts