Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have I been missing something or what?

I just noticed the 2008 Pathfinder, the Pathfinder, I'm not talking about the Armada thank you very much, but the Pathfinder has a 5.6 V8 option.

Has the latest version of the Pathy always had a 5.6 V8 option?
Is this 5.6 our Titan's V8?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Yes, that was new for the 2008 model. It is the Titan engine in the Pathfinder.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Same V8, new option for '08. It's hot!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New for '08, ok, that's cool, I don't feel too far out of the loop. That thing has got to be a rocket ship! I had a Pathy for several days when the Titan was in for something, it was back in '05, it was new and it had the V6, and I thought that thing was great, our Titan's V8 would make that thing flat out fantastic!

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
310-hp 388-lb/ft 5.6-liter V8
Hard-drive-based navigation system
Third-row fold-flat seat
7,000-pound towing capacity

0-60: 7.0 seconds

V6 Pathfinder 0-60: 7.4 seconds

·
Registered
306 Posts
It'd probably get better gas mileage too, considering the engine didn't have to haul around quite so much weight.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ZeroPt99 said:
It'd probably get better gas mileage too, considering the engine didn't have to haul around quite so much weight.
But look at the specs, it's not that much lighter, in fact it has a higher spec weight than the spec rating of my '05 4x4 KC.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
i dove one and it is pretty quick..But the finale gear is too high it feels like it boggs down on the freeway doing 70 or so

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
i just wished they also offered it in the xterra. now THAT would be awesome!
btw haven't you seen some of the ads they were doing for it (pathy) a while ago?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
ZeroPt99 said:
Actually I saw the EPA sticker on one at the dealership the other day, mileage is pretty awful, like 17mpg hiway/14mpg city.

·
Premium Member
3,585 Posts
Test-drove one, not as quick as my modded Titan but still pretty quick, could probably take a hemi durango. Those Pathys aren't exactly lightweights, they probably had to do some frame strengthening to take the bigger engine, not to mention all the extra seats, and the cruising range has got to suck, only a 21 gallon tank!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts