Nissan Titan Forum banner

Titans at The Rock! Saturday, June 14, 2008

8K views 177 replies 20 participants last post by  TitanBlue 
#1 ·
I am pleased to announce that we have booked a Meet at the Rockingham Dragway near Pinehurst, NC on Saturday, June 14th, 2008.

Here's the information I have to date.

They are opening EARLY for us at 1:00 p.m. and we can stay until the track closes between 11:00 p.m. and midnight.

They have given us a Pit Area Parking spots for us to go inside the dragway and showcase our trucks all to ourselves.

We can bring tents for shade and food to pass if we want.

For those wanting to run their trucks, it's $20 for the ENTIRE EVENING!

Since everyone else is considered a spectator, it's $10 to get inside. That gives you access to the grandstands to view everyone haulin' A$$ down the strip.

I am hoping that the VK56 folks will come out and show us how it's done as well as anyone else who wants to see Titans up close and going down a 1/4 mile track.

http://www.rockinghamdragway.com/

See you there!

See less See more
#5 ·
Oh man... sorry.. That day doesn't work for me... Maybe next year..... :crying:

Oh, wait a minute! That's Flag Day! I forgot, I'm always free on Flag Day!!! WooooooHoooooo!!!!! :D

#6 ·
It's not a Meet without BlackBeauty!

Blackbeauty said:
Oh man... sorry.. That day doesn't work for me... Maybe next year..... :crying:

Oh, wait a minute! That's Flag Day! I forgot, I'm always free on Flag Day!!! WooooooHoooooo!!!!! :D
Say it ain't so!

Who do I have to beat up, bribe, make baked goods for to have you show??????????

#7 ·
Well, if i have to......:rolleyes:

I should have a few more mods by then!! LOL

#8 ·
bbomar said:
Well, if i have to......:rolleyes:

I should have a few more mods by then!! LOL
Your mission should you choose to accept it is to convince the poster above you that it's in his (and our) best interest to attend the meet.

Oh, the NC Park Ranger Service asked you to come personally!

#9 ·
Kronos1965 said:
Your mission should you choose to accept it is to convince the poster above you that it's in his (and our) best interest to attend the meet.

Oh, the NC Park Ranger Service asked you to come personally!
LMAO!! The poster above me is YOU!

And, ahhhhhhh...... Why do they want me to come????:eek:

#10 ·
bbomar said:
LMAO!! The poster above me is YOU!

And, ahhhhhhh...... Why do they want me to come????:eek:
Poster#5.

That's what happens when you have too many forums open.......

Something about a drag race for "pinks" and "to settle the score"....don't know what they're talking about!:cheers:

#11 ·
Kronos1965 said:
Poster#5.

That's what happens when you have too many forums open.......

Something about a drag race for "pinks" and "to settle the score"....don't know what they're talking about!:cheers:
Well, I'll be seeing poster #5 in two weeks, and I will............Let's say......."Bribe him", and if that doesn't work we'll brow beat him, or b!tch slap him!! :rofl:

No Pinks!!!!!

I guess, I'll bring a spare for my uhhhh "burnouts" :teethmast

#13 ·
blavis said:
Excellent!:clap: I will be there wearing bells and whistles...a fashion statement of sorts.:lol: I will mark my calender if I can find a pen.
Please wear more than that................EWWWWW:upsidedow

#17 ·
I'm in, However I feel "under modified" for the event given the other attendees so far but I don't mind being the plane jane of the group I'm still coming :) (just not racing) it will be my first meet so what should I bring ? I have a tailgating kit I use for the NFL games, chairs, table, BIG coolers, grill, night lighting.... etc.. etc...

Please advise :lookaroun

#18 ·
Johnny08 said:
I'm in, However I feel "under modified" for the event given the other attendees so far but I don't mind being the plane jane of the group I'm still coming :) (just not racing) it will be my first meet so what should I bring ? I have a tailgating kit I use for the NFL games, chairs, table, BIG coolers, grill, night lighting.... etc.. etc...

Johnny08,

Welcome and I look forward to meeting you at the Meet!

As we get closer, it's good to bring chairs and some shade as in the Pit Area, there's none but what we bring.

I'll be polling for food choices and drinks, etc.

For now, bring yourself/friends/your Titan!:)

#19 ·
Well, I'm going to have to chime in here. Wifey wants to take a vacation to NC next year. I'm trying to get her to time it with the meet. I probably won't be driving the Titan, but I might be there though!

#20 ·
Carbeaux said:
Well, I'm going to have to chime in here. Wifey wants to take a vacation to NC next year. I'm trying to get her to time it with the meet. I probably won't be driving the Titan, but I might be there though!
Let me know where you want to go and I'll be glad to make some suggestions or find out information for you.

If you fly into Raleigh, I'll pick you up...:cheers:

Mountains, Beach or a little bit of both!

#21 ·
Johnny08 said:

Now is a great time to race it, so you have a good idea of its base performance. So, don't block out the idea. It is basically, just waiting for a light to change, and acclerating full throttle, for a 1/4 mile. Nothing harmful really. Welcone to the event though. Kronos does a great job planning these events, you're going to have a great time! :)

#22 ·
Kronos, have you looked into a possible Nissan Dealership sponsor??

Just a thought.............:D

#23 ·
I'm there and amped for this event. I can't wait.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.