Nissan Titan Forum banner

Titans Bumpers made outta tin foil?

5K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  BigA 
#1 ·
So when i was pulling out of the parking lot a jeep decided he wants the same lane and this was the result. At about 10 mph the jeep a couple scratches my truck? $1100 dollar damage. And one have info on one of those big beefy black front bumpers. I dont wanna go thru this again

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
#4 ·
not to mention jeeps are tanks. my old cherokee was rearended twice and never had a scratch on it. it even did almost $2000 worth of damage to my titan when my dad backed into it with the jeep and not a scratch on that thing lol

#7 ·
I think the Federal Standard; is just a 5 MPH Bumper, because nobody drives faster than that in the Congressional parking garage.

#12 ·
The federal standard (for bumper absorbancy) was changed back to a 2 1/2 miles an hour in 1983 for cars. Trucks were always exempt from any bumper absorbancy standard.

#8 ·
Got to defend the T's with my story.

Alright just to some it up i was pulling out of a parking lot when som A hole that wasnt paying attention started backing out of his spot straight towards me, so in my reaction i put it into reverse and suprise suprise backed right into a ford F-250. Now im not BSing and i have no idea how this happend. I destroyed his grill, bent his hood and front bumper. And the Titan walked away with a broke tail light and one minor scratch.

#9 ·
Had a similar action so I got this bumper two years ago.

Attachments

#10 ·
who makes this one?

#11 ·
Kennesaw, its on his sig

#13 ·
I have a solution. I can't wait until I can run into someone or something.

#14 ·
Yeah, I messed my front bumper up, a guy stopped after taking off from a green light because a car merged about 100' in front of him, I was only going about 5mph maybe when I hit him, just don't think I slammed the brakes hard enough because I was not going fast at all. Literally we were rolling for about 40' and he slammed on his brakes. When wr pulled over he had nothing wrong with his pos crown Vic and I had a front bumper to replace, luckily I have a contact for replacement parts so it only cost me $145 total an my mechanic at wok but it on. Gave him a hat I won at a golf outing lol.

#15 ·
Let me say though the back bumper is a beast. I had a woman rear end me at a stop light, she was in a dodge magnum and needed to have a whole new hood, left headlight & qtr panel, bumper and who knows what else internal and supports and I have a tiny scratch on the black plastic top of the bumper. Unless you know it's there you don't even notice it.

#16 ·
I can vouch for that. Was rear-ended pretty good last year while stopped at a red light. The older Mitsu Montero that hit me had it's front end pushed in to the point that it's front door opened less than half way. My truck's rear bumper was pushed in, causing minor paint chips where the edges hit the body, and the black plastic cap was loose, but that was the extent of the damage.

BTW, anyone selling a chrome rear bumper w/o sensors? lol

#17 ·
Every thing is made to crumple after like 5 MPH, the truck absorbs the impact instead of you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.