2,635 Posts
still garbage :)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
Geez....will everything Ford makes look like a Ford Edge? I'm sure it's a fine truck but....that ugly front end and lack of HP is gonna kill it!

·
Registered
37 Posts
You know what...being from Detroit, and my family all working for Ford I felt kinda bad for buying a Nissan, ( I hope you all understand ), and some moron hit my Titan last week, so while it was in the shop Enterprise put me in an F -150, all I gotta say is " Sorry Detroit, family " that truck sucks, and I always had wonder in my mind after I bought my Titan, I will no longer have buyers remorse on this one, I am so glad I didnt spend 40,000 for a 4x4 full size crew cab POS......!!!!! FORD HAS NO COMPETITION !!!!

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
actually the lack of HP is the only reason i did not buy another ford. My old one was really reliable but i just could not stand getting beat by everything i raced anymore. lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Everything to me, not a comfortable ride, no HP, not as big interior, the heater on the truck didnt work with only 4,000 miles on the vehicle, I didnt like the sway when you turn. BUT...it did have alot better turning radius though...and it was built in Dearborn, outskirt of Detroit.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
yamatitan said:
actually the lack of HP is the only reason i did not buy another ford. My old one was really reliable but i just could not stand getting beat by everything i raced anymore. lol
I don't really think you can buy a "bad" truck anymore. All of them will last if you take proper care of them. You can buy more powerful trucks, more comfy, more capable...etc. Nissan just has the best balance of what I want in a truck.

·
Registered
349 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
.that ugly front end and lack of HP is gonna kill it!
Its going to get new engines,or at least larger displacements that should put it in the minimum 360+ HP range.

Below is a piece of the article from where the pictures came from:

"Power for the new F-150 is expected to come from either Ford's new 5.8L or 6.2L BOSS V8. It still remains a possibility that Ford will offer both engines.Ford is obviously eager to get these pickups to market, to battle the new Toyota Tundra and the redesigned trucks from GM."

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
orangepeel said:
Its going to get new engines,or at least larger displacements that should put it in the minimum 360+ HP range.

Below is a piece of the article from where the pictures came from:

"Power for the new F-150 is expected to come from either Ford's new 5.8L or 6.2L BOSS V8. It still remains a possibility that Ford will offer both engines.Ford is obviously eager to get these pickups to market, to battle the new Toyota Tundra and the redesigned trucks from GM."
The "BOSS" name is as much as a marketing scheme than anything, like the "HEMI". Just a badge to sell more trucks.

Whats with the ford F-150 Salleen??? i saw one and it actually looked pretty good. Thought it would be the lightening equaivlent in the newer bodystyle. I heard it is slow though. True?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
They still have that ugly angled door/window line. Just like Hank Hill's truck. A very conservative cosmetic redo. The look of their current trucks looks much better in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
i was at a ford dealership cuz i was looking at the shelbys... my father told the sales guy that I think highly of my truck... which is so very true.. then the sales guy said that the ford trucks are ONE OF THE BEST TRUCKS TO BUY. I didn't say anything after that cuz i didn't want to be mean. so i just went over to the nissan dealership where i stayed :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've owned 4 fords- one truck, one van, two cars. All, hands down, junk.

I've also owned 4 nissans, with the exception of the Quest (built cooperatively with- you guessed it- FORD) all of the Nissans have been great vehicles. And even the quest Driveline was fine. It was the Ford electrics that were crap.

My experience with FORD is that it is Junk plain and simple. I don't care how pretty they make it, it's still lipstick on a pig. Wouldn't buy one with MY money.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
wmshay6 said:
I've owned 4 fords- one truck, one van, two cars. All, hands down, junk.

I've also owned 4 nissans, with the exception of the Quest (built cooperatively with- you guessed it- FORD) all of the Nissans have been great vehicles. And even the quest Driveline was fine. It was the Ford electrics that were crap.

My experience with FORD is that it is Junk plain and simple. I don't care how pretty they make it, it's still lipstick on a pig. Wouldn't buy one with MY money.
I've had a few Fords in my day and can't say I've had a complaint about any of them...that I can remember...lol. I can say though that we've owned 2 Nissan Quests that were buy Ford with Nissan drivetrains, and we now have an 05 Quest...built solely by Nissan. Guess which one has been the headache? Yep....the 05...which started as an 04, then Nissan replaced it with another 04 because it was so problematic. Nissan then replaced it a SECOND time...by this time the 05s were out so we got an 05. This one has been fine...thank goodness.
So it's really a hit or miss kind of thing. I've always liked Fords and wonder if I would have bought the Titan had Ford offered the F-150 with their 6.8L V10 in it. But I love my truck and would buy another.

·
Registered
740 Posts
The center console looks very similar to the 08 Titans.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Yuck! I absolutely love the looks of the 04+ F150's, i think they are bold and nice, but this is really bad. That front grille is disgusting.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts