Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firs of all I would like to say that this is one of the most helpful boards I have ever been a memeber of but, I had to get rid of the Titan due to economical reasons. Gas is just getting too expensive and I don't use the truck for hauling stuff anymore like I used to. Also, I haven't driven with anyone in the backseat for a while and having a gas guzzling truck as a daily commuter just didn't make sense. I had to make sure I found a car that was worth the trade I did.

I purchased a used 2004 G35 coupe 6spd with 34,500 miles and it still has a warranty. I did the inspection myself before I bought it. My truck had 33,700 miles and the warranty was about to end. Since I bought the vehicle through my work, they gave me kbb value for it and I got employee pricing on the G.

I already took the car on a 500 mile road trip, 60% highway 40% city. I averaged 23 mpg and this thing drives smooth as hell on the highway. The best I ever managed in the Titan was 17-18 mpg.

From empty I spent about $55 to fill it up with premium on the G and the Titan was about seventy-something from empty. It was one of the hardest things I ever had to do but all in all I am very happy with the change and I would do it over again 9 out of 10 times

Again, I would like to thank you guys for everybodys help and if you guys know of any good G35 forums, let me know

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Best of luck to ya. My Titan had to go for different reasons but I will agree that it was very hard to do.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
jree said:
Firs of all I would like to say that this is one of the most helpful boards I have ever been a memeber of but, I had to get rid of the Titan due to economical reasons. Gas is just getting too expensive and I don't use the truck for hauling stuff anymore like I used to. Also, I haven't driven with anyone in the backseat for a while and having a gas guzzling truck as a daily commuter just didn't make sense. I had to make sure I found a car that was worth the trade I did.

I purchased a used 2004 G35 coupe 6spd with 34,500 miles and it still has a warranty. I did the inspection myself before I bought it. My truck had 33,700 miles and the warranty was about to end. Since I bought the vehicle through my work, they gave me kbb value for it and I got employee pricing on the G.

I already took the car on a 500 mile road trip, 60% highway 40% city. I averaged 23 mpg and this thing drives smooth as hell on the highway. The best I ever managed in the Titan was 17-18 mpg.

From empty I spent about $55 to fill it up with premium on the G and the Titan was about seventy-something from empty. It was one of the hardest things I ever had to do but all in all I am very happy with the change and I would do it over again 9 out of 10 times

Again, I would like to thank you guys for everybodys help and if you guys know of any good G35 forums, let me know
Perfectly understandable. The G is an awsome car! Best of luck with it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think that my fiance took it a little harder than I did. She actually cried when I told her the news

·
Registered
969 Posts
from 17 to 23. nice! /sarcasm

not a fan of the G35s but it seems you wanted a car anyway..

·
Banned
1,269 Posts
Hope your saving money on the monthly payment.

·
Premium Member
92,290 Posts
Good luck with the new ride. But don't be surprised if you find yourself spooking around the Nissan lots looking for a 1 or 2 year old Titan in a few months. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
The titan is an awesome truck but like I said, I didn't tow anything for a while. I just filled up from empty in the G and it was only 54 dollars and right before that me and my buddy decided to line up a couple times just to see what his 2002 eclipse gt could do against my G. I beat him of course:). I haven't seen 360 miles per tank since I owned my 98 alti. I prolly coulda got more miles but we ran against eachother at least 4 times not to mention I've been kinda hard on the gas pedal.

The raw power that the Titan had is uncomparable but the G is a completley different animal. This thing is a screamer right off the line and can chirp the gears all the way up to 3rd. I definitley miss my Titan though. We had some really fun memories.

Once my girl gets her self a good paying job(just graduated college) we just might get another Titan to haul around a boat.

Anyways, heres the new girl right after I did the inspection and looked evreything over at my shop. Its the Dark Grey but the lights in my shop make it look silver

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts