Nissan Titan Forum banner

Titans Gone!!!

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Vegas_Titan 
#1 ·
Firs of all I would like to say that this is one of the most helpful boards I have ever been a memeber of but, I had to get rid of the Titan due to economical reasons. Gas is just getting too expensive and I don't use the truck for hauling stuff anymore like I used to. Also, I haven't driven with anyone in the backseat for a while and having a gas guzzling truck as a daily commuter just didn't make sense. I had to make sure I found a car that was worth the trade I did.

I purchased a used 2004 G35 coupe 6spd with 34,500 miles and it still has a warranty. I did the inspection myself before I bought it. My truck had 33,700 miles and the warranty was about to end. Since I bought the vehicle through my work, they gave me kbb value for it and I got employee pricing on the G.

I already took the car on a 500 mile road trip, 60% highway 40% city. I averaged 23 mpg and this thing drives smooth as hell on the highway. The best I ever managed in the Titan was 17-18 mpg.

From empty I spent about $55 to fill it up with premium on the G and the Titan was about seventy-something from empty. It was one of the hardest things I ever had to do but all in all I am very happy with the change and I would do it over again 9 out of 10 times

Again, I would like to thank you guys for everybodys help and if you guys know of any good G35 forums, let me know

See less See more
#2 ·
Best of luck to ya. My Titan had to go for different reasons but I will agree that it was very hard to do.

#4 ·
jree said:
Firs of all I would like to say that this is one of the most helpful boards I have ever been a memeber of but, I had to get rid of the Titan due to economical reasons. Gas is just getting too expensive and I don't use the truck for hauling stuff anymore like I used to. Also, I haven't driven with anyone in the backseat for a while and having a gas guzzling truck as a daily commuter just didn't make sense. I had to make sure I found a car that was worth the trade I did.

I purchased a used 2004 G35 coupe 6spd with 34,500 miles and it still has a warranty. I did the inspection myself before I bought it. My truck had 33,700 miles and the warranty was about to end. Since I bought the vehicle through my work, they gave me kbb value for it and I got employee pricing on the G.

I already took the car on a 500 mile road trip, 60% highway 40% city. I averaged 23 mpg and this thing drives smooth as hell on the highway. The best I ever managed in the Titan was 17-18 mpg.

From empty I spent about $55 to fill it up with premium on the G and the Titan was about seventy-something from empty. It was one of the hardest things I ever had to do but all in all I am very happy with the change and I would do it over again 9 out of 10 times

Again, I would like to thank you guys for everybodys help and if you guys know of any good G35 forums, let me know
Perfectly understandable. The G is an awsome car! Best of luck with it.

#7 ·
Hope your saving money on the monthly payment.

#8 ·
Good luck with the new ride. But don't be surprised if you find yourself spooking around the Nissan lots looking for a 1 or 2 year old Titan in a few months. :thumbsup:

#9 · (Edited)
The titan is an awesome truck but like I said, I didn't tow anything for a while. I just filled up from empty in the G and it was only 54 dollars and right before that me and my buddy decided to line up a couple times just to see what his 2002 eclipse gt could do against my G. I beat him of course:). I haven't seen 360 miles per tank since I owned my 98 alti. I prolly coulda got more miles but we ran against eachother at least 4 times not to mention I've been kinda hard on the gas pedal.

The raw power that the Titan had is uncomparable but the G is a completley different animal. This thing is a screamer right off the line and can chirp the gears all the way up to 3rd. I definitley miss my Titan though. We had some really fun memories.

Once my girl gets her self a good paying job(just graduated college) we just might get another Titan to haul around a boat.

Anyways, heres the new girl right after I did the inspection and looked evreything over at my shop. Its the Dark Grey but the lights in my shop make it look silver

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.