Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well this my first truck and i like to know more about it so im looking to see if any members live here in Alaska "Anchorage" thanks for taking the time to check out my Thread

·
Registered
111 Posts
Anchorage here.......welcome. What year and color do you have?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
There's a few on us here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im in a 2009 pro x Crew Cab I just installer hi, low and fog Hids putting my kenwood in-dash dvd player this week if i have the time i will put in my compustar alarm in.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Im here :redblob" Just got here a couple of months ago.
I'll tell ya though, you cant swing a dead Ford around here without hitting a Titan, they are everywhere, but I only see a couple AK guys on the forum :huh:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Not in Alaska yet, but hoping to get a follow on there from Korea.

Do you have to have 4WD up there or can you survive with 2WD?

I have a nice 2006 KC with leveling kit up front and 325/60 nitto Terra grapplers, and I do not realy want to get rid of it.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Thats a good question. I am trying to get stationed up in alaska as a Marine Recruiter and I dont want to get rid of my truck.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Maybe if I we put a few hundred lbs in the bed? Maybe that would help

·
Registered
800 Posts
Maybe if I we put a few hundred lbs in the bed? Maybe that would help
personally i would start out with about 300lbs and would get studded tires and go from there. its been yrs but i had a 2 wheel drive truck back in the 80's and remember putting about 400lbs before i was happy with traction, with studs ofcourse.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I guess i will have to get rid of the Titan cuz i really dont want to get studs plus i dont think they make studded tires at my size.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey everybody, YES you will def. want 4wd up here. You could get by with just 2wd, however if you plan to get out and about you will want 4WD. You could always buy a junker up here and just use your titan when the weather/roads are in decent condition. Also I have been trying to sell my tech12 sealed box that is upfiring with dual jl audio 10w3's let me know if your interested. I should be getting my dual ported re audio sr10's in anyday now! I will gladly demo it when I get it, if anybody wants to hear it.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I would not get a 2wd truck up here. You could make it work but would be limited with winter travel. If you do decide to get rid of the T you will take a huge lost up here. 2wd trucks take a serious mark down here because nobody wants them.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I would not get a 2wd truck up here. You could make it work but would be limited with winter travel. If you do decide to get rid of the T you will take a huge lost up here. 2wd trucks take a serious mark down here because nobody wants them.

I would sell it down here before i leave. I go to recruiting school in Jan so I have awhile to sell and buy.

·
Registered
116 Posts
That sucks, I love my titan and I do not think I have the bank to get a 4X4 titan right now. I might just keep mine and buy a K5 or a bronco for winter. Now I just have to sell the wife on the Idea. we are turining her 2wd Rav 4(lease) in and buying a 4 runner or highlander so she is taken care of.

Wish me luck on keeping the titan and getting a beater.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Depending on where you "want to go" in the winter up here you will be okay. I have had a buddy with 2 Dodge Ram 2x2 pickup trucks up here for the past 4 years. If you plan on driving unpaved roads, and climbing hills, then forget it, but normal everyday driving around town you will be fine with some weight in the rear and common sense. Studded tires are also a big help....

Keep the titan, or upgrade to a 4x4 titan!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Owner of a 09 Heavy Metal edition Titan LE 4X4. I'm stationed at Elmendorf AFB. LiKe to see a Titan gathering w/family, a meet and greet. Share some fixes, mods, and some good ole Titan kills. This is my 10th Nissan, but first Titan.
Mike

·
Registered
234 Posts
I agree to the above post. I am also stationed at EAFB - I have seen your truck, and one day was parked next to it at the shoppette gas stationed and walked up to it as if it was mine! I love that special edition, looks great man! Anyone else down for have a meet & greet? Winter BBQ's are always fun!!!

1 - 20 of 74 Posts