Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck is dumped with the Dynomax Bullet and i have to go get my truck emissions tested this month. has anyone here had a problem with the inspection? They have to stick that reader in the tailpipe , but now they will have to get under the truck to do it. And i kinda don't see them liking that.

Think i'll have to get a tailpipe welded up just to pass?

·
Registered
733 Posts
AFAIK, in Maryland it is illegal to have a dumped exhaust. You have to have the exhaust extend past the cab. Not sure about other states though.

·
Premium Member
15,695 Posts
i just got my truck inspected friday. i am dumped just before the rear axle. it is as long as it can be and still be dumped. they didnt say anything about it, and i passed with no issues. Mine isnt overly loud, and is dumped more for looks. I hate the tail pipe hanging out the rear of the truck.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just got my truck inspected friday. i am dumped just before the rear axle. it is as long as it can be and still be dumped. they didnt say anything about it, and i passed with no issues. Mine isnt overly loud, and is dumped more for looks. I hate the tail pipe hanging out the rear of the truck.
cool man, did they crawl under there to stick the reader in it?

·
Premium Member
15,695 Posts
i didnt stick around to watch, but its a garage, so they are under cars all day anyway.

·
Registered
678 Posts
My truck is dumped with the Dynomax Bullet and i have to go get my truck emissions tested this month. has anyone here had a problem with the inspection? They have to stick that reader in the tailpipe , but now they will have to get under the truck to do it. And i kinda don't see them liking that.

Think i'll have to get a tailpipe welded up just to pass?
How are ou liking that DynoMax Bullet? Is it real loud or just a good deep sound? Thinking about getting one for my new Titan. Did you get the Y pipe too?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
they hook the emissions up to the obd. in mass as long as the tailpipe exits 20" past the passenger compartment it is 100% legal. ive passed emissions 2 yrs running with the bullet dumped b4 the axle

·
Premium Member
15,695 Posts
they hook the emissions up to the obd. in mass as long as the tailpipe exits 20" past the passenger compartment it is 100% legal. ive passed emissions 2 yrs running with the bullet dumped b4 the axle
mine is nowhere near 20in past the pass compartment unless you are only counting the front half. it may be 10in past the rear doors.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How are ou liking that DynoMax Bullet? Is it real loud or just a good deep sound? Thinking about getting one for my new Titan. Did you get the Y pipe too?[/QUOTE

i love the Bullet, had it almost a year and i think it's sounding better with age. the tone seems to be getting deeper and smoother. and yes i have the flowmaster y pipe.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
mine is nowhere near 20in past the pass compartment unless you are only counting the front half. it may be 10in past the rear doors.
ya i have no idea how or where they measure from mine seems to be in about the area of 10 -20 lol. either way no probs as of yet and like jess said it seems to be sounding better and better as the weeks months go on:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a dumped exhaust before the axle and at my last emissions test here in Chicago, they use the ODB connection. Tester didn't look at the exhaust and didn't care. His supervisor did have to verify the emission test results because the Titan GVWR is over some unknown-to-me threshold. No worries.

·
Premium Member
58,769 Posts
Move to Alabama. We have no vehicle inspection of any kind.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts