Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought one, and we are about to take a trip to Colorado, about an 1100 mile trip, and I was wondering how much it will save on gas to run the gas saving tune, and also does the BDGT show how much gas your titan is using? Like instant MPG's.

·
Registered
869 Posts
I haven't had my T long enough to know if it actually saves on gas or how much. But it does show average and instant MPG that you can reset to zero any time you want. It does seem to be off a bit from the truck's own display on mine so I don't know which is really accurate.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't had my T long enough to know if it actually saves on gas or how much. But it does show average and instant MPG that you can reset to zero any time you want. It does seem to be off a bit from the truck's own display on mine so I don't know which is really accurate.
Yeah, my truck dosen't show what I get with MPG's, from what I avarage at the pump it seems to be about 17 so I'm hopeing with the chip I get atleast 20 or so. But I think that's going to be a little far fetched.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah, my truck dosen't show what I get with MPG's, from what I avarage at the pump it seems to be about 17 so I'm hopeing with the chip I get atleast 20 or so. But I think that's going to be a little far fetched.
That would be very impressive.. mine shows what I get, and I drive 70% highway, and I am getting about 14.9 this tank... got 15.2 last tank. 17 would be very impressive, 20 would be amazing.

just to be clear, I dont have a BDGT... but I would be very surprised if you could get 20MPG with one.

·
Registered
344 Posts
The gt does show mpg and its prretty close, it always it within .5 of wat the tuck says and the truck is usually within 1 mpg of atual. I haven't ran gas tune so I'm not sure how good it will do interested to see wat you get because I'm planning a long trip and will prob try gas tune but on 35's I don't think ill do very good lol

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The gt does show mpg and its prretty close, it always it within .5 of wat the tuck says and the truck is usually within 1 mpg of atual. I haven't ran gas tune so I'm not sure how good it will do interested to see wat you get because I'm planning a long trip and will prob try gas tune but on 35's I don't think ill do very good lol
Lol, I'm sure with 35's it's not going to make much of a difference, I think it restricts a lot of the motor so it seems like it would hurt you worse trying to turn those big tires, oh well we didn't get these trucks for the fuel saving lol!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Big Rob, depending upon where you're traveling to in Colorado and the elevation, going from sea level to high altitude you'll increase your fuel mileage. I picked up about 3 hwy mpg going from sea level to 8000ft.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Big Rob, depending upon where you're traveling to in Colorado and the elevation, going from sea level to high altitude you'll increase your fuel mileage. I picked up about 3 hwy mpg going from sea level to 8000ft.
Wow, lol that's awesome. But I think we are going to have to end up taking my girlfriends car. She does not want to waste the money in gas driving there in my Titan lol. So I'm stuck in a G6 for 17 hours. But on the plus side we are saving $700.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'd agree in saying that it is relatively close to what the truck readout will show but I'm not sure on if you'll see any improvement in mpg's. I will say that in my experience that after I installed the Banks system, my mpg went from 15.3 to 14.1. Once I installed the BDGT with the 89 tune, it has gone to 14.7. That COULD be some kind of benefit I am seeing because my foot sure hasn't gotten lighter as I've modded the T. The tires will probably hold you back a bit is all I see.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I was too late haha!

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd agree in saying that it is relatively close to what the truck readout will show but I'm not sure on if you'll see any improvement in mpg's. I will say that in my experience that after I installed the Banks system, my mpg went from 15.3 to 14.1. Once I installed the BDGT with the 89 tune, it has gone to 14.7. That COULD be some kind of benefit I am seeing because my foot sure hasn't gotten lighter as I've modded the T. The tires will probably hold you back a bit is all I see.
Yeah, I was going to put my stock 18's back on my truck for that exact reason. Thanks a lot for your help bud!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Wow, lol that's awesome. But I think we are going to have to end up taking my girlfriends car. She does not want to waste the money in gas driving there in my Titan lol. So I'm stuck in a G6 for 17 hours. But on the plus side we are saving $700.
I had an 07 G6 V6 (not the GT) and could get about 32 MPG on the highway. It was not that uncomfortable either. I sometimes wish I would have kept it when I got the Titan just to run around town and save miles on the Titan. That said, for some unknown reason I just didn't like the car much. Nothing wrong with it at all, even after 75,000 miles. I do miss the hwy mileage though, in town I only got about 18 but that is still better than the Titan gets on the hwy!

Have fun on your trip. I love Colorado and could seriously move there!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts