Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddy and i installed my PC 6" stage I on my 05 about 8 months ago, i was looking through the shed last night and found this box of spare parts from the install. i got the PRG end links so we didnt need to use the ones that came with the kit. But can someone tell me what the red bushings are for? or did PC send me two sets by accident?we used 2 bushings in each torshion bar but have extras or what. theres also some blach bushings and 2 half washers,some huge washers ect.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
IIRC, the bushings are indeed for the torsion bars. Black ones, no idea. The half washers I believe go on the outside of the back side of the drop bracket.
The triangular plates are to reinforce the steering bump stops.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Allready have the red bushings in the torshion bars, and tha half washer on the drop bracket, no need for the black bushings. So they must have sent some extra stuff by accident. Can u explain where those metal angle pieces go on the bump stops? Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
We DO NOT have torsion bars on our trucks, they are kicker bars, also did you replace the steering rack bushings? if not the red ones might be for the rack.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
steering rack bushings? can you elaborate?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
They replace the stock racks rubber bushings with poly ones to help with clunking and wandering with bigger tires and higher offsets. Look at where your rack mounts to the front cross-member, you will see red bushings in there if it was done, stock are black rubber

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i crawled under there and there are black bushings in there right now. so can someone lead me in the right direction on how to replace them with the red ones?

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
for real? ???????????

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yes, sat is correct. DO NOT waste ur time with those! Burn them. Lol. I spent 20min removing my rack to change them only to realize they don't fit! Funny now but wasn't then. Hahaha. I even called procomp. Guys was an idiot. He said without seeing them he couldn't tell me what they are. WTF?! Part numbers even said rack bushings. He said "well sir we only make one size". Told him to remeasure! :bangit: Hahahaha.

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
Interesting... the newer kits sure do come with many more parts than mine did in May 2005!!!

Also... I wonder how many times they send all these extra parts, could proabably save some $$ and reduce costs if they were less careless about what goes in each box!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ya there were so many extra bolts and such, we made sure we corectly installed the kit with the corect parts (bolts,washers ect) and i had this box if stuff left over. Sure i didnt need their end links because i used the PRG ones but i still had a lot of stuff left over. No wonder the kits are so expencive, there just wasting money!

·
Registered
501 Posts
If you do change your mind, the easiest way to change them is to use c clamp and a socket to press them out. . The half washers are used with the rear bolt on the front diff, if your 4x4.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts