Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have my newly installed pro comp 6" lift. and i have rub when i turn and lean on inside rear of front fender...i know i know cut it away...i dont wanna cut on my truck.. i have nitto mud grapps 35" will a 2-3" body lift give me what i need to clear or will i still have to cut? or should i put a leveling kit on under the lift to get the height i need.. i'm just worried about my cv angles on the front..

·
Registered
51 Posts
I really don't know much but if you have a 6 inch lift why is it rubbing? It might be the backspacing of your wheels. But heck just do the body lift another couple inches will only make it look sweeter!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Body lift will probably do. Cutting is way cheaper ($0 heh). I didn't want to cut either, but ended up doing it. I cut a little up front and a little in the back. Not at all noticeable.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey kanger Im about two month away from getting my procomp stage 1. If I understand the kit right it uses a spacer. Is that like a leveling kit spacer? If so how big is it and can I use a big one to get more lift?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you should not have any rub issues because you are maintaining stock back spacing..someone please chime in if im wrong..i am running 20" rims with 35'S and a -12 backspacing which over all means im sticking out 2" over stock..

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Body lift will probably do. Cutting is way cheaper ($0 heh). I didn't want to cut either, but ended up doing it. I cut a little up front and a little in the back. Not at all noticeable.

What did you cut in the back???

·
Registered
98 Posts
Im running 18x9 rims with -12 backspace with 285/65R/18 Trails and had to do the Pinch weld mod as these wide tires rubbed with the BS of the rims. It took me about 1.5 hours and is very easy to do. I used a side cutting grinder and it zipped right through the job. Search for pinch weld mods here there is some great info and pics...

·
Registered
785 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Yep, the Stage I uses a 6" spacer up front with stock front suspension. You can probably add another 1.5" spacer up front (though I'm sure this is highly NOT recommended), but I'd imagine you'd have to get new UCAs? I rub because I have a -11mm offset on 35" tires.

I had about an inch cut from the rear of the wheel well as well as the front. It was probably .5" cut front and rear.

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
also remember though.. a body lift is going to cost you about 700 to 800 bucks... ive not found a shop that charges less then 500 to install and from what i hear its a beeeeotch to do yourself... trimming is SOOO much easier! btw its gotta be the rims you have because i had a 4x4 with a 2in level and fit 35s...

·
Registered
383 Posts
Just cut um' :redblob" I have wheels with 4.5" BS and my KM2s rubbed the inner and a bit on the outter. I got the cut off wheel and Dremmel and went at it. Lost the PW, pounded the lower edge of the fender in a bit, and lost the bottom of the splash guards. :ftard: No big deal that a bit of rattle can black couldn't fix (my truck is black so no biggie). I'm gonna throw on some 315/325 and told the guy at Costco that I'm brining my tools and a BFH to make the tires fit (He said that if they don't rub, it's all good for the balance/rotation). :eyebrow:

To me it's just a truck and I have no problem drilling into her or hacking away some extra skin.:bump:

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
also remember though.. a body lift is going to cost you about 700 to 800 bucks... ive not found a shop that charges less then 500 to install and from what i hear its a beeeeotch to do yourself... trimming is SOOO much easier! btw its gotta be the rims you have because i had a 4x4 with a 2in level and fit 35s...
The Performance Accessories body lift for the '07+ Titan retails for $468.99. Gap guards retail for another $105.99. Check Titantalk vendors for discounts.

Performance Accessories and Trail Master suspension are part of Performance Automotive Group.

Tony

·
Registered
4,984 Posts
The Performance Accessories body lift for the '07+ Titan retails for $468.99. Gap guards retail for another $105.99. Check Titantalk vendors for discounts.

Performance Accessories and Trail Master suspension are part of Performance Automotive Group.

Tony
There is a company on ebay... sells the entire package for just over 300 bucks (a few titan owners I know have used it) plus 500 install is 800 bucks...

·
Registered
286 Posts
I did the stage 1 6" it rubbed then i added 1.5" spacer on top. rides rougher but looks meaner. Still rubs abit. i need to grind but i dont really care

·
Registered
6,068 Posts
I know you are opposed to cutting, but you can perform the Pinch Weld Mod (PWM) for free. Only a trained eye would even know that you did it, and would have to look very, very closely. Heck, I did the PWM to Lurchdubious' truck when we put his 6" lift and 35's on and you cannot even tell where I cut. It's all hidden by the fender liner. He had offset wheels with Mud-Grapplers, same setup as you basically.

Reactions: Hueyguy626
1 - 18 of 18 Posts