Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, So Im debating on wheather or not to get a level put on my truck, or just go with a full on lift. Im only gonna get about a 4 in lift, the problem Im having is I have had people tell me the leveling kit causes the ride to not be as smooth. The leveling kit is cheaper but the lift seems like it would be better for my truck in the long run. ANyone out there wanna give me any suggestions? I have an 06 king cab LE.

Thanks guys!! "idhitit2:

FYI The push guard is no longer on the truck...its for sale if anyone is interested!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
160,819 Posts
The level kit does NOT change the ride of your truck. If you're even considering doing more than a level kit, you might as well go ahead and do it. Otherwise, you're just going to be putting your used level kit up for sale here later. :)

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
^^^what he said......

However, if you are doing it yourself, learning the front suspension by wrenching on a simple bolt-on like the leveling spacer is a good way to "get your feet wet". It's a very simple mod to install and would open the door to bigger and better things.

If you're just getting someone else to do it for you, you're just wasting your money...

·
Premium Member
7,675 Posts
yeah its not as expensive if your a 2wd to lift and thats the easy why to go. so yeah if your gonna go up higher don't level it

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
You could go ahead and level it now, and then later do the spindle lift to get the extra 4" for a full 6" lift. Leveling kit is easy to do, and it can be stacked with a spindle lift later if you feel like the truck isn't high enough. And since you don't have a front dif, you don't need to worry about extra stress on it lol. Leveling kits are inexpensive and easy to install...so if that's what you want, I say... do it up!

P.S. You might want to start a thread for selling that OEM brush guard. I have seen a few people online looking to buy a Nissan Brush guard. They are the best ones, and hard to find at a good price used.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the advise. I actually have started a thread and havent gotten very many responses...Maybe Ill put that it is an OEM and see what I get. Thanks!! :]]

·
Premium Member
75,120 Posts
good advice above. my budget allowed a leveling kit so that's what I have. In the future I plan to go higher but currently it's not in the cards for me. I didn't really like the rake from factory.... If I could have done it the truck would either have a 4" performance lift or the full 6" bracket.

·
Premium Member
7,675 Posts
like BB said it might be better off just waiting til you lift it to do anything. unless its gonna be like 2 years before you lift it then you might wanna level first

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
like BB said it might be better off just waiting til you lift it to do anything. unless its gonna be like 2 years before you lift it then you might wanna level first
Remember, with a 2wd spindle lift you don't have to get rid of the spacer...you can stack it to get the full 6" lift. It's not like she'd have to take it off later and sell it.

·
Super Moderator
160,819 Posts
Okay, So Im debating on wheather or not to get a level put on my truck, or just go with a full on lift. Im only gonna get about a 4 in lift, the problem Im having is I have had people tell me the leveling kit causes the ride to not be as smooth. The leveling kit is cheaper but the lift seems like it would be better for my truck in the long run. ANyone out there wanna give me any suggestions? I have an 06 king cab LE.

Thanks guys!! "idhitit2:

FYI The push guard is no longer on the truck...its for sale if anyone is interested!
Remember, with a 2wd spindle lift you don't have to get rid of the spacer...you can stack it to get the full 6" lift. It's not like she'd have to take it off later and sell it.

And while that's very true, she also hasn't stated that she even wants a 6" lift. :dunno:

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
And while that's very true, she also hasn't stated that she even wants a 6" lift.
Fair enough.... :) I just figured that everyone wants 6" of lift :lol:

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Who couldn't use a couple more inches, huh? :rofl:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts