Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 Pro 4X.
I tow a 24ft enclosed car trailer about 6-8 times a year. Around 6-7K lbs. I have read LT tires provide better stability when towing which I want, but a rougher all around ride quality which I don't want.
Is there a huge difference? How rough are the LT,s ?
What if I buy a couple extra wheels and use LT,s just on the back only when I'm towing?

·
Registered
2017 titan sv 4x4 with tech, convinience, tow, navigation, and Texas packages
6,203 Posts
LT should be what is on your truck right now because it is an LT.

what do you have on right now? going to load range e or 10 ply tires like the 3/4 ton have makes it ride a little stiffer and cut into your gas mileage but LT is normal 1/2 ton truck tires so they won't

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
I wouldn't have anything but LT rated tires on my 2011 Pro4X. I swapped up from the OEM P-series tires at 42k to a set of E-load range LTs, and I've been very pleased since. I'm now at 148k, routinely tow a 6k lb wakeboat on a 500mi round trip, and can say without a doubt the heavier tires are worth the tradeoff. You'll lose a little fuel economy, and you'll feel a little more of the road, but not bad at all and not harsh. When towing, you won't feel like you're wallowing around going down the road, especially in heavy traffic or curvy terrain.

And I drive 90mi round trip to work 3d a week in my Titan, unladen, so I can say the ride is fine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LT should be what is on your truck right now because it is an LT.

what do you have on right now? going to load range e or 10 ply tires like the 3/4 ton have makes it ride a little stiffer and cut into your gas mileage but LT is normal 1/2 ton truck tires so they won't
The tag in the door jamb says P275 70 R18
Previous owner (or dealer) put on P275 65 R18

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Yep - the 2011 Pro4X came with p-sries tires, as I believe all Gen1 Titans did. Make the switch. You'll find towing to be a much more enjoyable, stable, and safe experience.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Titan SV
111 Posts
I just swapped out the general oem p series as well. I opted for a load e range since I tow a travel trailer also. However, I purchased load e but still in highway all season to get a quieter ride rather then an all terrain pattern.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts