Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I need yall's opinions if you don't mind. I currently have a 2004 Titan Crew Cab with 232,000 miles on it. I feel I'm kind of in that window where I might need to start thinking about possibly trading it in on something newer before the engine/tranny expires. I drive 50K miles a year with my job so I'm on the road a lot. Most of my trucks miles are highway miles which does help. I looked up the value of my truck and it says trade in value (good condition) is around 7K. I know I probably couldn't get that much, but my thought is that if I drive my truck till the engine goes out, I will lose all the money I could have gotten for trading it in. What would you guys do? I paid my truck off about 6 months ago. I'm actually thinking of trading it in for an 09 Murano. A cross over would actually be more convenient for my job, but I'm also looking at an 08' Titan. What would you guys do in my situation? Feel free to ask any questions. Thanks!

·
Registered
785 Posts
Guys, I need yall's opinions if you don't mind. I currently have a 2004 Titan Crew Cab with 232,000 miles on it. I feel I'm kind of in that window where I might need to start thinking about possibly trading it in on something newer before the engine/tranny expires. I drive 50K miles a year with my job so I'm on the road a lot. Most of my trucks miles are highway miles which does help. I looked up the value of my truck and it says trade in value (good condition) is around 7K. I know I probably couldn't get that much, but my thought is that if I drive my truck till the engine goes out, I will lose all the money I could have gotten for trading it in. What would you guys do? I paid my truck off about 6 months ago. I'm actually thinking of trading it in for an 09 Murano. A cross over would actually be more convenient for my job, but I'm also looking at an 08' Titan. What would you guys do in my situation? Feel free to ask any questions. Thanks!
I would be looking at something more fuel efficient for sure. The Titan is one of the least fuel efficient new vehicles out there. Heck if i did that many miles per year I would be looking at an altima, camry, accord, etc.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Something I forgot to mention is that my job pays for my gas, so that's not really a big issue for me :)

·
Registered
240 Posts
Nissan isa offering crazy rebates, I would maybe look at frontiers or a juke.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone on here own a Murano? If so, how do you like it?

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Try and find/buy Quartz' totalled 06 and shovel that driveline into the 04.
Then sell the hulk to a junkyard for 3000.
You spend some. You get some back.
And you get to keep the solid 04.

Reactions: OneQuick06

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With as many miles as I drive, I don't know if it would be a good idea to buy new. I'm thinking used with around 30K on it.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
Anyone on here own a Murano? If so, how do you like it?
We bought a Murano for my buddy's wife.
04 with 60k showing and we made them give us the big fat warranty on the used car sale.
The car is at 95000. Just had a massive service on the warranty bill, and Godzilla says it is like new.
Nice machine the Murano is BTW. ANd hard to find in clean condition where we live.
We think we did well.
I have known Godzilla for at least 30 years. Godzilla drives an 06 Titan.

·
Registered
261 Posts
well if you do trade in your T you should take off the jba's first and sell them to me to make some xtra cash, lol, but if you need a truck but don't need a full size look at the frontiers i have had 3 and all were very dependable and fun to drive and easy to park.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I agree with Drty.....Just go find a wrecked T and buy the engine/trans out of it. No need it spending $25k on a new truck when for $3500 you can have a like new one

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
The junkyards will fight with tooth and nail cash for Quartz' truck.
But I know it is out there.
Somewhere in Alabama.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So most of you guys think I should just drive it till I have engine problems, then find an engine out of a wrecked Titan? Someone said they run around $3500. How much is the install?

·
Premium Member
46,428 Posts
They paying for gas or giving you mileage? If they are paying for gas, I would get another T. Sooner or later you'll have things start failing. If they are paying mileage, I would get something fuel effiecent and pocket the extra cash and keep the old T. Either way you have a T. :D

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They pay for my gas. I have to carry boxes a lot to my stores so I thought about maybe a Murano? Something where I could actually use the back area for storage. Right now I have my back seat full of crap for work and with a child seat back there it gets crowded.

·
Registered
15 Posts
We leased an '07 Murano, and LOVED it. It has enough room for 4 adults with enough room for stuff in the back. It was good on gas, we had AWD in it too. Very reliable vehicle, and it did well in the snow here in New England. We did end up trading it in for a minivan. Once my daughter came along, the Murano ran out of room for the family (have you seen the size of these strollers???).

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
keep titan since they are paying for the gas. its nice having a truck with that extra cargo area in the back. If u carry about of boxes why dont you get a bedcover for the back that way it frees up the back seat for friends and family. your already saving money on gas

1 - 20 of 35 Posts