Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock 18 inch wheels with 275 terras. I plan on getting MB gunner 6 in 17x8 25 mm backspacing with 295 70 r17 terras. I aslo plan on getting the rancho lift.

How should this look? I wlould like the tires to sit out about 1" or. 5" wider but i dont really understand backspacing

Thanks guys
Blake

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
I have a stock 18 inch wheels with 275 terras. I plan on getting MB gunner 6 in 17x8 25 mm backspacing with 295 70 r17 terras. I aslo plan on getting the rancho lift.

How should this look? I wlould like the tires to sit out about 1" or. 5" wider but i dont really understand backspacing

Thanks guys
Blake
The rims will stick out the same as your stock ones, because they are both 8" width, (9" measured), and have a +25 mm offset. So both have a 5.5" backspacing. I have 8" width rims with 4.5" backspacing, so they stick in an inch less from the mounting plate, (so also stick out an inch more). Mine stick out the same as a 9" width rim that has 5.5" backspacing, or a 10" with 6.5" backspacing, (really tucked in).

If you want them to stick out some, but not enough to cause major trimming,
get a 8" +12 mm for 5" BS, which sticks out 1/2" more than stock, an 8" with +6 mm for 4.75" BS, or a 9 with +18mm and 5.71" BS, each will stick out 3/4" more. You may need to remove your front mud guards.

Rancho lifts are 5" bracket lifts so a 33.2" tire is a little short. You would probably want a least a LT305/70R17 34" tire for a 5" lift. The LT315/70R17's are about 34.5".

Also their shocks are junk, but you can get their lifts w/o their shocks now days. The bad thing is that for the HQ coilovers for bracket lifted Titans, (like SAWs and Radflo's), the Rancho kit needs the PRG UCAs. So, it's more economical to get a Pro Comp bracket lift, (5.5"), which can still use the stock UCA when you toss their spacer, and replace with a HQ coilover.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I would love to have the prg setup but my finances wont allow that (no deserts here in Arkansas). As long as the new ranchos ride as good if not a little bit better than the truck did new than i will be more than pleased. Also i do not have bigtow gears so i an very leary of going any taller with present gearing. On another note i think i decided to go with the 17 x 8.5s with 0 offset that should poke them out a little more.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
That makes sense with 2.94 gears. But for shorter tires, I would go with a shorter lift. The Rancho 4" bracket lift is really 5" and almost as tall as the pro comp. I realize some people like that look ... small tires and tons of gap between the top of them and the top of the wheel well. Just saying.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
True and some crazy fellows put 22s on 4x4s.....thats why they make blue trucks and red trucks!
btw I have learned alot from your post on many topics, the set up with 295s and 17x8.5 with 0 offset should set them out about 1.5 inchs? If in time i do go to a 315 (when she sees less highway time) would that rub?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
True and some crazy fellows put 22s on 4x4s.....thats why they make blue trucks and red trucks!
btw I have learned alot from your post on many topics, the set up with 295s and 17x8.5 with 0 offset should set them out about 1.5 inchs? If in time i do go to a 315 (when she sees less highway time) would that rub?
Yes, close to 1.5" ... 1/2" wider, plus 3/4" less BS would be around 1.25" for the outside edge of the rim, (compared to stock 18's), and if they are the Terra 295's, another 1.3" past the rim's edges. The 315 DuraTracs would stick past an additional 1/4". The two current LT315/70R17 BFG A/T KO's would stick out even less than the 295's, both have slightly narrower section widths on an 8.5" rim, although they might have wider treads.

Fitting the 315's shouldn't be too hard with the bracket lift. Although the rims stick out 1/4" more than mine, and my tires have about an 1/4" less radius, I trimmed with only a 2.5" leveling kit on my Titan, for the Pinch Weld Mod link in my sig.

And although at 4" I didn't have that much more clearance, I think at 5" it will maybe take th 315's without even trimming, but maybe front mud guard removal or trimming.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts