Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing the RC 3" Level kit tomorrow. I will got some came bolts off Greg in case I need them. I know nothing about alignment and what/where they adjust. To save myself a few bucks, I might as well install them if they are needed.

I hear some use and some do not use them. What do I look for that tells me that I do in fact need to use them.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Without cam bolts only the toe, can be aligned, but that is usually all that is needed for an alignment after adding a leveling kit.

But some Titan's will also need their camber adjusted, (mine did when I first got coilovers), and the caster can be adjusted with the same bolts. The caster enables the front wheels to be moved forward or back a little. Mine came with the Nissan cam bolts, but I've read that the regular bolts can be very difficult to remove when guys go to add the cam bolts.

If after adjusting the toe, and your tires look like \ / when viewed from the front, you need them. But if you get a professional alignment, any out of spec camber values will show that you need them, even if it isn't obvious by looking.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks NorCal, that clears things up for me. Once I started working on it today, I saw where the bolts are and what you siad all makes sense now. My vote goes to you for being very helpful and willing to share your knowledge. I really do appreciate that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts