Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Very nice. Yes if Ford of all companies need to go after the Titan then maybe the Titan has officially arrived. I could t read the fine print but I would think it said “In order for our Ford to be better than the Titan you have to spend 5,000 dollars more in add one to make it as good as the Titan”. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
I'd buy the Ford. The Titan has grown stale, even with the new 2020 "updates".

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Stale? LOL come on now the 2020 is the really the third upgrade to gen 2. There was never an upgrade of the Gen 1’s except maybe the 08 year with rotors and long bed option. The Gen 2 Titans are being updated regularly

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Very nice. Yes if Ford of all companies need to go after the Titan then maybe the Titan has officially arrived. I could t read the fine print but I would think it said “In order for our Ford to be better than the Titan you have to spend 5,000 dollars more in add one to make it as good as the Titan”. Lol

This is key. Just built a Crew Cab Pro4X and a Crew Cab Lariat and tried to get them basically the same. MSRP was almost dead on $5k more expensive to have FORD stamped all over your truck.

Although, if Nissan does not give us the ability to turn off the ICC in the 2020 Titan I will not buy it. Period. It could be the best, cheapest truck ever, and if I can't have normal "dumb" cruise control I won't get it.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
This is key. Just built a Crew Cab Pro4X and a Crew Cab Lariat and tried to get them basically the same. MSRP was almost dead on $5k more expensive to have FORD stamped all over your truck.

Although, if Nissan does not give us the ability to turn off the ICC in the 2020 Titan I will not buy it. Period. It could be the best, cheapest truck ever, and if I can't have normal "dumb" cruise control I won't get it.
Yes amazing how instead of the car companies doing real engineering to solve mpg they come up with Annoying BS like this

·
Super Moderator
159,837 Posts
ICC will be mandatory by 2022. Manufacturers are just trying to get out in front of it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't see that the problem with intelligent cruise control. You change lanes before you get too close to the vehicle in front of you and you will continue at the set speed. For those are drive like zombies it will keep them from rear ending me.

·
Super Moderator
159,837 Posts
And for the record, Ford has one of these commercials geared to every full size truck manufacturer. The Titan isn't special in that regard.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
You can buy a Tesla Truck in a few years and won't have to worry about MPG. :cool:
I don’t worry about MPG. My point was the government mandates to increase mpg is why we have these stupid engine shut offs, 8 cylinder to 2 on the highway etc... to many gimmicks instead of designing a lighter vehicle or more efficient engine. The tech is all wrong for what they are trying to do and it makes driving these vehicles very annoying.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
And for the record, Ford has one of these commercials geared to every full size truck manufacturer. The Titan isn't special in that regard.

How are they not if they felt they didn’t have to worry about them why go after them

·
Super Moderator
159,837 Posts
They "went after" (if by that you mean created targeted ads for) every full size manufacturer. Not just the Titan. You can do that when you're Ford and the F Series trucks are your money making bread and butter. I seriously doubt Ford is overly concerned about the Titan's sales which have remained flat at about 3,000 units per month. Fords outsell them at a ratio of almost 100 to 1 so they're just barely in Ford (or GM's) peripheral vision. Right now Ford is more concerned with GM's truck sales, which outpaced Ford's sales in Q3 with Ram also picking up about 20k more sales in Q3 vs last year. Full size truck sales are about 2.5 million units a year, and Nissan is only responsible for about 50k of those sales. That puts them in a solid last place.

Truck sales are big money business to the Big 3. If Ford were going to spend a small portion of their advertising budget to create targeted ads, which they did, they'd be foolish to leave any of their competitors out. So they didn't. It's nothing more or less than that.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don’t worry about MPG. My point was the government mandates to increase mpg is why we have these stupid engine shut offs, 8 cylinder to 2 on the highway etc... to many gimmicks instead of designing a lighter vehicle or more efficient engine. The tech is all wrong for what they are trying to do and it makes driving these vehicles very annoying.

This is happening in the motorcycle industry as well regarding mandated safety features and emissions. Driving up the costs as well as driving manufacturers to have bikes built in India and Thailand for the lower labor costs.

I don't mind the new tech in the new vehicles. It is the hidden costs for those who own a vehicle for years and the potential drop in resale value if keeping all these systems functioning for the long haul gets expensive.

Ecoboost is what Ford is doing to answer the mileage question.

A lighter vehicle would reduce the towing capacity or at least make it more risky when the load can push the vehicle around for those drivers who don't approach towing as a potentially very dangerous endeavor and take all the precautions they can.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Getting off topic with the ICC thing (my bad), but it's not the fact that it's there. It's the fact that it's way too aggressive, doesn't work with any type of even the finest mist, and the distances for a single setting are speed based. If I'm going 75 coming up on a truck doing 55 with the lowest distance setting it'll kick in anywhere between 200 and 500 feet away. And it SLAMS on the brakes. On the lowest setting, at 60mph, it's supposed to leave 90 feet. I'm fine with that distance, but I'm not changing lanes to pass a truck 500 feet away after having my speed drop 20mph. It's just not good, and it can be more dangerous than not having it. Unfortunately, you can't use cruise control without it so we're all left either dealing with it or driving with our feet, which is more dangerous because it adds in the human factor.

Back to the commercial, I'm not surprised they made one for everyone. They didn't actually put a Titan IN the commercial. It probably cost them an extra hour of time to look up stats and run a voice over. Like I said previously though, to get the same truck you're looking at at least $5000 more. The Titan gets a lot of things right, but for me at least they get several quality of life things wrong. The 2020 is going to have to really impress me to stay loyal.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Having vehicles being dictated to you like you have no choice or intelligence is really pissing me off. I don’t want a car that drives itself or one that slams on the breaks with no input or one that shuts the engine off at stops. All this will lead to a huge amount of tech failure and who takes the blame when it fails and kills. Tesla is having these issues now and it will only get worse

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Getting off topic with the ICC thing (my bad), but it's not the fact that it's there. It's the fact that it's way too aggressive, doesn't work with any type of even the finest mist, and the distances for a single setting are speed based. If I'm going 75 coming up on a truck doing 55 with the lowest distance setting it'll kick in anywhere between 200 and 500 feet away. And it SLAMS on the brakes. On the lowest setting, at 60mph, it's supposed to leave 90 feet. I'm fine with that distance, but I'm not changing lanes to pass a truck 500 feet away after having my speed drop 20mph. It's just not good, and it can be more dangerous than not having it. Unfortunately, you can't use cruise control without it so we're all left either dealing with it or driving with our feet, which is more dangerous because it adds in the human factor.

Back to the commercial, I'm not surprised they made one for everyone. They didn't actually put a Titan IN the commercial. It probably cost them an extra hour of time to look up stats and run a voice over. Like I said previously though, to get the same truck you're looking at at least $5000 more. The Titan gets a lot of things right, but for me at least they get several quality of life things wrong. The 2020 is going to have to really impress me to stay loyal.
Your post is making me glad I bought a 2019 'S' trim without all the "Nanny" safety features. Of course a lot of my driving will be towing and I don't use cruise control while towing so I can maintain more control of what is going on.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts