Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know alot of members have said 5000 miles was when our trucks come out of sleep mode from the factory but I never felt it. My truck runs strong from day one and it's always run the same til today. Got 11,500 miles on it currently and today it has woken up from hibernation. Every pinch of throttles got me smiling and grinning.:upsidedow :cheers:

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
yeah i got 5500 miles right now and i still think shes a sleeper lol

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cowzrul said:
Nice, how does it feel next to your gixxer?
It's a baby compared to the Gixxer but it certainly can growl though.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
WOT on a banks system sounds awesome on my truck. Especially in the 110 freeway tunnel.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
phillipyang said:
WOT on a banks system sounds awesome on my truck. Especially in the 110 freeway tunnel.
the bums in the freeway underpass hate it when i pass in"misslelau

·
Premium Member
2,640 Posts
Just recently put on a Nismo CAI and I can really tell a difference. I got some 18" five spokers off ebay and I am going to put those on soon. I want to do a true dual exhaust next with the Stillen headers... I think that should really wake her up.. (along with the neighbors if I come in late :lol:)

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
my 04' is due for some re-working. since the wife drives it i think i'll turn it into a street machine? true duels but toned down, gotta find a quiet/highflow muffler setup. maybe some 18's with just a little smaller than stock tire in a Nitto. its got 106k miles on it, so time to break her in!

·
Premium Member
59,070 Posts
albonismo said:
the bums in the freeway underpass hate it when i pass in"misslelau
Thank God there is another out there that still refers to them as Bums. I'm so tired of hearing them refered to as homeless.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
DeadRiver said:
dude get yourself the 2* timing advance... i got it last saturday... now my truck is really awake..

intake/cat back to come... budgeting!

jason, is your 04 lifted, or just the 07??
I've got the 2* advance on it already but, I added a resonator in front of the flowmaster and it killed my HP. so i gotta rebuild the exhaust, I want something like the flowmaster hushpower. too much rocknroll in my days, has killed my ears!
the 04' has the 4" spindle lift on it with a 1" block in the rear. I think I'll keep all that the same but add some good lookin street tires.

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
I love to roll down the back three windows slow to about 40 on the freeway right before the tunnels....and gun it up to about 80.

Ear to Ear Grinnin the whole time while old people shake their fists at me...ha ha.

·
Premium Member
76,523 Posts
jasonmotox said:
I've got the 2* advance on it already but, I added a resonator in front of the flowmaster and it killed my HP. so i gotta rebuild the exhaust, I want something like the flowmaster hushpower. too much rocknroll in my days, has killed my ears!
the 04' has the 4" spindle lift on it with a 1" block in the rear. I think I'll keep all that the same but add some good lookin street tires.
ah, i was gonna say, hey if you're droppin, i'm lookin to lift!

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've had the 2* timming at 500 miles. It was a very worthwihile upgrade for sure but my beast didn't wake up til about 11,500 miles. Now she is truely a beast.

·
Registered
339 Posts
What does the 2* timing do for the truck? What are the Cons to do the 2* advance?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Is there any proof from a tuner or even factory that there is something in the ECU to shuts down eh power for break in? Or is it just the mechanical break in (tolerances etc.)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts