Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 Nissan Titan Pro 4X, I replaced a battery on my key fob, and now it doesn't work at all, read Nissan's online instructions for reprogramming it and it says to insert (hidden) key into the ignition 6 times blah blah blah, BUT there is NO place to insert a key into, its push-start only???? Very Confused!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Are you sure the replacement battery is good and properly oriented? Try the dead fob starting procedure. Basically, you hold the fob directly over the Start button while pushing it. If the truck starts, reprogramming isn't needed. The truck still recognizes the fob, only there is no signal from the fob. I don't know about the reset procedure; thought that could only be done through the dealership software.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you sure the replacement battery is good and properly oriented? Try the dead fob starting procedure. Basically, you hold the fob directly over the Start button while pushing it. If the truck starts, reprogramming isn't needed. The truck still recognizes the fob, only there is no signal from the fob. I don't know about the reset procedure; thought that could only be done through the dealership software.
It will start if I hold the fob over the start button, I will try another battery (2 come in a pkg) and see if that does anything different.

·
Registered
266 Posts
It will start if I hold the fob over the start button, I will try another battery (2 come in a pkg) and see if that does anything different.
So you shouldn't need to reprogram. The truck still recognizes the fob, the fob just isn't transmitting. Either no power, or the fob's transmitter is broken.

I have an inexpensive battery tester at home that will do the button cells. Considering all the battery powered stuff we have around here, it has paid for the modest cost in all of the troubleshooting it has helped with. Surprising how many supposedly new batteries are DOA.

ETA: what is the best before date on the battery package? And if there is no date, then the battery is probably dead. Manufacturers have been putting dates on batteries for a few years now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So you shouldn't need to reprogram. The truck still recognizes the fob, the fob just isn't transmitting. Either no power, or the fob's transmitter is broken.

I have an inexpensive battery tester at home that will do the button cells. Considering all the battery powered stuff we have around here, it has paid for the modest cost in all of the troubleshooting it has helped with. Surprising how many supposedly new batteries are DOA.

ETA: what is the best before date on the battery package? And if there is no date, then the battery is probably dead. Manufacturers have been putting dates on batteries for a few years now.
I just bought the batteries on Wed. My wife's car fob takes the same batteries, and hers is working fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts