Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had my new Truxedo low profile Tonneau installed since Thursday Feb. 19th. It looks awesome! It is nearly flush with the top of the bed rails. It rolls and unrolls very easily. We've had a lot of rain followed by heavy wet snow with high winds in the last few days. It has stayed very dry...not one drop in the bed. I am very impressed so far. It allows me full use of my sliding bed extender. I will take pictures and post as soon as the weather permits. Just wanted to let those who had questions about this type of cover know how it was working out. :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Deepwater said:
I've had my new Truxedo low profile Tonneau installed since Thursday the 19th. It looks awesome! It is nearly flush with the top of the bed rails. It rolla and unrolls very easily. We've had a lot of rain followed by heavy wet snow with high winds in the last few days. It has stayed very dry...not one drop in the bed. I am very impressed so far. It allows me full use of my sliding bed extender. I will take pictures and post as soon as the weather permits. Just wanted to let those who had questions about this type of cover know how it was working out. :)
Thanx. Looking forward to pics.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Deepwater said:
I've had my new Truxedo low profile Tonneau installed since Thursday the 19th. It looks awesome! It is nearly flush with the top of the bed rails. It rolla and unrolls very easily. We've had a lot of rain followed by heavy wet snow with high winds in the last few days. It has stayed very dry...not one drop in the bed. I am very impressed so far. It allows me full use of my sliding bed extender. I will take pictures and post as soon as the weather permits. Just wanted to let those who had questions about this type of cover know how it was working out. :)
What a tease........all this talk of a great cover and expects the reading audience to use their imaginations?????? TEASE!!!! Pics.........please?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JetForeman said:
What a tease........all this talk of a great cover and expects the reading audience to use their imaginations?????? TEASE!!!! Pics.........please?
Sorry but the truck has snow on it and we are also rookies when it comes to posting pics. We are going to have to borrow a digital camera. We will do so as soon as possible!!!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Deepwater said:
Sorry but the truck has snow on it and we are also rookies when it comes to posting pics. We are going to have to borrow a digital camera. We will do so as soon as possible!!!
Mine is covered in snow too. I sure hope it sees the Georgia sun in a few weeks, I hate snow!!!!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Update

Deepwater said:
I am going to try and take some pics. this weekend . I hope Its not raining/snowing again! for those interested.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Please do! I have been trying to order one and every place tells me they do not have the right clamps for it yet...2 weeks is what I keep hearing.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Ti-tan said:
Please do! I have been trying to order one and every place tells me they do not have the right clamps for it yet...2 weeks is what I keep hearing.
Ti-tan...
The factory Initally sent out the new clamps.And thats what was installed on my truck. My installer called me and said that the company was going to thicker metal clamps, based on when you tork them down on the Uitili-track they wont flex as much. (I've had no problems at all so far) He said about two weeks for retooling and I'll have them put in . Mine works fine, no leaks and all is tight! I drive alot of freeway to. But I will change the clamps when they come in. I think this cover is very sharp looking on the Titans. :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hey Deepwater, do you have a estimate of pre- and post-tonneau cover gas mileage? Any noticable difference? Any noticable difference in noise?

Thanks!
Justin

·
Registered
780 Posts
Tonneau cover

how much of an effect does your tonneau cover have on your milage (mpg)?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Coolhand said:
Hey Deepwater, do you have a estimate of pre- and post-tonneau cover gas mileage? Any noticable difference? Any noticable difference in noise?

Thanks!
Justin
Coolhand.. And Others....LE CC 4X4 OFF/ TOW
I have only put about 150 miles on after it's been on. But I did notice that on my Nav. the mpg. went up to almost 17mpg. on the highway! I never noticed it that High before! And so far over all it seems a little better, going by my Nav. I will no more after a few more miles. I will let you all know. :cheers:

·
Registered
108 Posts
Deepwater said:
Coolhand.. And Others....LE CC 4X4 OFF/ TOW
I have only put about 150 miles on after it's been on. But I did notice that on my Nav. the mpg. went up to almost 17mpg. on the highway! I never noticed it that High before! And so far over all it seems a little better, going by my Nav. I will no more after a few more miles. I will that you all know. :cheers:
Cool... sounds like the computer is picking up the decrease in drag anyway...

·
Registered
202 Posts
[Where did you find the cover? Approximately what did it cost?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'll check into it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Deepwater said:
I am going to try and take some pics. this weekend . I hope Its not raining/snowing again! for those interested.
C'mon man i'm itching to see some pics. It's 10 AM already...where are you. Oops you're probably out driving...he-he :upsidedow

Post'em when you gottem, i'm ready to order mine.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
This is for the poeple that have ??? about the cover!

I moved this to the front because of many ?? from poeple about this, I hope this helps some that could not find the info. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts