Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright. First truck. First tonneau. No idea what I'm doing. Got the cover centered over the bed, clamps are all tightened up but as soon as I shut the tail gate it pushes the back of the cover up about 1/8 to 1/4 inch screwing up the seal around the end of the bed and tailgate. Anyone know wtf is going on?

The clamps on the end of the bed are as tight as I can get them while still be able to actuate the clamping mechanism.

Maybe I have it on too far down the bed or not far enough? Is it possible my tailgate is not level with the top of the bed?

15 pro4x if anyone is wondering.

·
Premium Member
141,094 Posts
2015 has the modern tail gate. Tonneau may have been designed to work with old style tail gate.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting. Didn't realise there was a large difference. I know the old one had the plastic insert around the badging.

Looked at it again and it's seals nicely in the center of the tailgate then the seal gets worse as you get towards each corner.

Whenever I get to stop playing babysitter I'll take a better look.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Could just simply be you have it back too far. My truck is not new so I can't go outside and look, but my dad's new frontier has the same style tailgate and I'm pretty sure it sits flush with the bed, doesn't stick up or out into the bed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found the problem. It would appear the top of the tail gate is actually convex...not flat...good to know I am not crazy or inept at installing tonneau covers. Imagine it's a Nissan design thing. I don't think the weather striping on the end of the tonneau is long enough to compensate...hence the gap.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Update: Just received word back from TonnoPro and they told me to unscrew the cross bar which the rear clamps are attached to and move it closer to the tailgate. Tried this the other night (before I received an official response), without screwing it in and it worked well. Going to screw it in tonight to the new position and call it.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Nice, glad you got it to work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts