Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i replaced the radiator , third time with millen aluminum, no problems till i turned thermostat to cold drove 10 miles got out and heard intense gurgling sound opened hood and saw bubbling in overflow jug any way thought that air was in system so i purged it, letting it run on slight incline with both caps off and heater on. added about a gallon of water during process lost some while it was burping. few days later I check coolant level cold in the morning it held about 3/4 gallon water. when I removed overflow cap heavy pressure was obvious by spew and bubbling in rad and overflow jug. yesterday drove 200 miles smelling coolant no visible leak, then today drive 8 miles stop and saw fluid coming out open hood and see coolant leaking from overflow jug cap area. cap is secure and tight but still leaking. drive another 20 miles and leaking again could I have damaged cap when removing under pressure the day before? it seems like so much pressure is causing the problems. any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
System maybe be overfilled.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Just about any shop can test the cap, but they're also cheap enough to just replace it if you aren't sure.

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
The only cap to replace would be the one on the overflow tank. It's the vented one..not the one on the radiator itself...that one seals the system. Sounds like you overfilled it and the vented cap may need replacing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts