Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just a heads up for those of you that have Titan 2005 and 2006. In a previous thread I asked for some info about a noise and vibration that was coming from the radiator/fan area. Some of you said that it is normal.
Well, I was asking a guy in the hospital that also owns a Titan and he told me that they have to change his fan, and it was a problem with some Titans.
So, I took to the dealer today for them to take a look, and for my surprise, the Service manager came to tell me that they have to order a part (not sure what) and that they did not feel comfortable with me driving the truck like it was and they would like to offer me a free Rental car until they can get the part and fix it, hopefully tomorrow!!
Wou!, this may not be as just another normal thing for the Titans after all!
If this noise and vibration happens to your truck, take it in.
If anyone is interested, I can let you know what they did to the truck exactly when I get it back.
David- TN

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Re: Took to the Dealer to check about the Radiator fan noise and they kept the Titan...

There is some kind of problem with some fans running backwards. Nissan installs an additional harness to apparently just reverse the polarity. Info posted elsewhere, very recently, like past month.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Re: Took to the Dealer to check about the Radiator fan noise and they kept the Titan...

Here is the TSB again.

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Thanks guys! This loud noise is not normal!! It start with me just recently, even thought most people here say it is normal, I took to the Dealer and they told me that they are having a problem with it. They gave me a rental car, fixed the truck, next day when I got it, it was no charge, even thought i saw the bill, it was $165 they are charging Nissan for fixing it. I did not pay for the rental car either.
Now, the when the fan cames on, it sounds like a cat purring !!
David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts