Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took delivery on a Silver 4x4 LE CC. I purchased the tool box and the Utility rack. Has anyone tried to use both at the same time. In all of the literature I read, I did not see where you could not use both at the same time. However, in looking at the rack system (not installed yet) and seeing how much room the tool box takes up, I am guessing that it will not work very well based on the 5.5 bed length. I too have experienced the radio problems that many of you are also having. I took it to the dealer and told the service guy that it seemed like the volume was increasing and decreasing (yes i have the SSV off) and the stereo seems to be fading b/t stereo and Mono. He told me to bring it back on Friday and they will take a look at it. I did not discover this Forum until last night. Glad to see I am not alone on this one. Based on the discussions on this site, I will instruct him not to order a new radio (or remanufactued one) until the fix is id by Nissan/Clarion. Thanx for the helpful information.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I only have the toolbox, so I don't have the same quandry.
I could almost swear in the toolbox instructions it discussed a special bracket to be used with the rack. Being as I don't have the instructions here at the office, I cant be sure, but I think it was just mentioned, (no detail etc), just something to keep in mind.

Good Luck hope you come up with a workable configuration for you needs :cheers:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TuffTitan said:
Just took delivery on a Silver 4x4 LE CC. I purchased the tool box and the Utility rack. Has anyone tried to use both at the same time. In all of the literature I read, I did not see where you could not use both at the same time. However, in looking at the rack system (not installed yet) and seeing how much room the tool box takes up, I am guessing that it will not work very well based on the 5.5 bed length. I too have experienced the radio problems that many of you are also having. I took it to the dealer and told the service guy that it seemed like the volume was increasing and decreasing (yes i have the SSV off) and the stereo seems to be fading b/t stereo and Mono. He told me to bring it back on Friday and they will take a look at it. I did not discover this Forum until last night. Glad to see I am not alone on this one. Based on the discussions on this site, I will instruct him not to order a new radio (or remanufactued one) until the fix is id by Nissan/Clarion. Thanx for the helpful information.
I guess it pays to read the installation instructions. So much for higher education!. If anyone is interested, the Part # is 999T2-WQ110 Word of advice, I contacted the Local dealerships parts dept. today and they could not find this part number in their national database. The parts guy was going to contact Nissan directly and see if it is available.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts