Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK - my kid lost her first tooth at the dinner table this evening. Need some advice. What is the going rate of pay for a first tooth these days? When I was a kid - the Tooth Fairy left a quarter - but in those days quarters were silver and were actually worth something. You could buy 5 packs of baseball cards (gum included) for that quarter.
What are you folks seeing out there? - I need to figure this out before morning. What is the going $$ to leave under the pillow in exchange for that tooth? Thanks for the help!

·
Super Moderator
34,659 Posts
A silver dollar would make my eyes pop outta my head if I were a kid.
Don't suppose you got one on hand do ya?

Short of that, call one of her friend's parents so you all can be on the same page. Kids talk about that stuff. Nice if their best friend got the same.

·
Super Moderator
159,839 Posts
P's Titan said:
when I was a kid :upsidedow my front teeth were worth more. Think I got $5 and that was a good 20 years ago ?
I think I gave my youngest 5 bucks for each of his. He's 19 now, so.....:dunno:

·
Registered
287 Posts
I just paid .50 for my daughters first tooth. No need to go overboard you'll have to keep paying whatever you start with.

A relative paid 20.00 for their sons tooth. Way to much if you ask me.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Mine got a buck a tooth, thats this year, too. I think some people go waaay overboard with the gifts these days.$20 for a tooth is ridiculous.
Cheers, Lee S.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
The tooth fairy seems quite wealthy these days, I always got change for mine but that was 40 years ago, lol. :eek:ldschool

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I did a buck a tooth too. Man, those who gave there kids 10-20 for a tooth :huh: wow. At 5 years old they really don't have any concept between 1 and 20 LOL. The funny part is that they'll loose most of the fronts at the same time. Makes for some great photos for a half a year.

·
Registered
514 Posts
:teethmast Seems like alot of you got a buck a tooth . Is that where bucktooth came from ? Anyway I don't have any kids but you don't want it to be so much that they want their teeth to come out :teethmast

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
lol my sister got 20 for every tooth that came out on her own because it beat the hell outa paying the dentist a few $G to pull it out.. my sister was a wuss, she had braces 2 times and had just about every tooth pulled out by the dentist... but depending on how old she is i would go from there.. like if she knows the concept of buying things with a certain amount give her enough to get something she wants.. ya know ?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
37L1 said:
A silver dollar would make my eyes pop outta my head if I were a kid.
Don't suppose you got one on hand do ya?

Short of that, call one of her friend's parents so you all can be on the same page. Kids talk about that stuff. Nice if their best friend got the same.
Now that's funny...I got silver dollars for mine and still have them! The great thing is that there the old silver dollars when they were still made with silver :hahano:

·
Registered
952 Posts
We started it out with 1 buck, then as the 2nd tooth came out it went to 2 and so on. By the time the you get to around 5 or 6 bucks, they will know whats up with the fairy anyway.

·
Premium Member
92,377 Posts
I usually try to give a special coin, like the Susan B. Anthony dollars or the Sackajawea dollar. They don't think it's real money and that it's something special.....

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Cool idea with a special coin that is stamped with they year that the tooth came out. Maybe like a silver or gold mint or proof coin from a coin shop.

·
Registered
561 Posts
TitanicDJ said:
I did a buck a tooth too. Man, those who gave there kids 10-20 for a tooth :huh: wow. At 5 years old they really don't have any concept between 1 and 20 LOL. The funny part is that they'll loose most of the fronts at the same time. Makes for some great photos for a half a year.
I completely agree. Mine aren't old enough to lose any teeth yet, but even at 5 yrs I think that he/she would be thrilled with any paper denomination if for no other reason than it's physically "bigger" than coins.

I also think the special coin idea is really cool - something to remember down the road.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts