Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have input on this kit? Good, bad, easy/hard to install? Looking for info before I buy and install. Thanks:haveredfl

·
Registered
36 Posts
i saw a member with this kit named "Griffey" he only installed front and it looks nice. i plan on doing the same to my truck

verhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-07...spagenameZWD1V
y soon.

·
Registered
217 Posts
satfbfan said:
Anyone have input on this kit? Good, bad, easy/hard to install? Looking for info before I buy and install. Thanks:haveredfl

I am currently running that kit. It is the 2.5" leveling kit (easy install like the other kits. just adding a spacer above the shock tower,which doesnt require disassembly of the coil spring from the shock). Some other members have said that for 4wds the upper arms tends to hit the coil bucket if going over a bump, etc real fast/hard, but that can easily be remedied by either grinding/notching the areas of the coil bucket where the upper arms comes in contact or getting after market arms such as total chaos or PRG. 2" kits are ideal for 4wds (but still leaves a slight rake stance) & 2.5" are ideal for 2wds. I personally havent had any problems with the upper arms coming in contact w/ the coil bucket. Below are some pics of the leveling kit installed..

·
Registered
44 Posts
I installed the NCD kit on my 07 Cre Cab 4x4 and my upper control arms are hitting the Coil buckets. They only hit at speed when the road has a big dip but it's enough to make me do something about it :(

Mac

·
Premium Member
92,554 Posts
Leveling kits come in all forms........

As an Engineer, I would not use this one. That's my preference.

For about the same $$$$$ you could get the solid NCD kit.

Or the one that started it all, PRG, which comes with the best service in the business.

I'd prefer the solid billet units rather than the multiple component units.

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
^^^What he said^^^^

·
Super Moderator
162,264 Posts
I'll put a "third" in on what BB said above. Think about the stress that component has to endure. I'd go with a solid one. I've never heard of one of the Top Gunz parts failing, but I wouldn't risk it. PRG is what I put on mine. I can't say enough good things about Greg, his products, and what he's done for the Titans.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have the Top Gunz I have had no issues. I' not jumping sand dunes but I use my truck for work and it's fully loaded a few time a week. I got it on the recomendation of a friend who also has not had issue.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't understand how some people state that after the leveling kit there arms do not hit. The front shock on the Titan limits the down travel so now when you add a spacer the upper control arm limits the down travel as it comes in contact with the spring bucket.

My truck had 700 miles when I installed the NCD 2" leveling kit and the UCA hit on the first ride at speed on the highway when driving over a good size dip. Maybe the people that are stating there not hitting don't know where to look :)

I actually have my truck up on a jackstand now and am taking pictures. The UCA actually contacts 2 points on the spring bucket. After the 2" lift is installed you only have a maximum of 1.5 inches down travel until the UCA contacts the spring bucket.

Mac

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
cmacclel said:
I don't understand how some people state that after the leveling kit there arms do not hit. The front shock on the Titan limits the down travel so now when you add a spacer the upper control arm limits the down travel as it comes in contact with the spring bucket.
Because the PRG spacer doesn't....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sammy Sandbag said:
Because the PRG spacer doesn't....

Was that a joke? All of the spacers that install on top of the strut wether from PRG, NCD, or any other manufacture do the same exact thing and have the same effect. The stock suspension uses the shock to limit travel. If you move the shock lower then it no longer limits the suspenstion travel.

No offense but I'm new to this forum and it amazes me at how some of the senior members don't have a clue. Many people here give bad advice that usually make zero sense.

Then there is the PRG Clan and when any other company produces something similar they all come running out of the woodwork. Greg seems like a swell guy but people here need to chill on the subject.

I guess this guy got a fake PRG kit because his hits daily

http://www.titantalk.com/forums/tit...uckets-w-prg-2-leveling-kit-fixed-i-hope.html

Mac

·
Registered
6,067 Posts
cmacclel said:
The stock suspension uses the shock to limit travel. If you move the shock lower then it no longer limits the suspenstion travel. Correct, then the UCA limits travel, until you grind the coilbucket, then the shock limits travel once again

Many people here give bad advice that usually make zero sense.I have to disagree with that statement. For the most part, the advice that is handed out on here is correct 95% of the time. If it's not, someone is usually quick to correct the incorrect advice.

Then there is the PRG Clan and when any other company produces something similar they all come running out of the woodwork. Greg seems like a swell guy but people here need to chill on the subject. That's because Greg has given the Titan community what it needed before anyone else. He is the "original" and probably knows more about the Titan suspension than anyone, including the engineers who designed it.
.........................Just my 3 cents. (adjusted for inflation)

·
Registered
674 Posts
I agree, I have gotten all kinds of great info from this site....there have beeen a few things i have read that im to chicken to try but im sure they work,,,,This is a awsome site....If you dont like what you read then go someplace else...Im sure clubtitan has a few spaces open...LOL

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had 1 for a while and removed it because the hitting was pissing me off. But it lasted 2 new england winters and was a bit rusty when removed but never had a problem with it. I am wondering it I get some better shocks say bilstein or something along that line if the banging will be less since they seem to have less of a problem with slamming down than stock stuff. On a side note i think the stock stuff is on its way out because of this kit I am still getting a slamming noise that did not exsist prior to this kits install.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I had a 2.5" kit before my present 4" Performance Kit, and it's correct that lifting the frt 2.5" is lifting the truck 2.5" reguardless of how the kit was manufactured.

There seems to be some production variations, my UCA also hit the bucket lip, but just barely. A small 1/8th inch notch would have been all that's needed to get the UCA to clear, but there have now been several trucks that have needed much more for clearence.
There may have also been small changes to the factory UCA for the later Titan years...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts