Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its about time.... I have had my Pioneer AVIC-N2 in the Truck since I bought it in '04. So I bought a Kenwood DDX516, yeah I know its last years model but for some resaon kenwood doesn't have sat radio on the double dins unless you get one with Nav. Well this all turned in to me thinking its time to change everything. I am putting a set of Memphis MC 8's in the doors along with a set of Memphis MC 5 1/4 coaxils. A set of Memphis tweeters are going in the dash. All this is going to be run off the 4 ch. of my Memphis bell, the 5th ch of the bell is going to run a set of Memphis MR 10's under the front seats. Then for the back I went with a Memphis MC1000.1 amp to run the Mepmphis C3 12. Yeah a new CD player turned into a whole new system lol. Here are some pictures of the start of the install.

·
Registered
249 Posts
When fabricating the speaker mounts for the front door, i was wondering if an 8 would fit in the 6x9 spot. I already have my type-r 6.5 separates though. I'm betting your system will ROCK!

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Waiting for the build pictures...........:redblob"

Reactions: b2sdad

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Thats gonna turn out sick. Wish I had the time, money and know how to do that. Subscribed!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here is some of the progress I have made so far. I wish I was faster at this stuff.... lol But I haven't installed full-time in over 9 years

These just need to be wrapped now.

The box is now ported too.

Reactions: 07 TITAN and b2sdad

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
WOW!!!!! Nice. can I get a pic of the back? I might do 2 6.5 ctd mid bass in mine. I like it!!!

·
Registered
787 Posts
Dam dude, thats really cool! I cannot wait to see more.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well its 2am and the pods are done and in, doors are dynamated, the amp rack is built and wrapped, box is in with sub wired up, tweeters are mounted in the dash. All that is left to do now is build the 2 boxes for under the front seats and hook everything up. Can't post pictures right now photobucket is down lol.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WOW!!!!! Nice. can I get a pic of the back? I might do 2 6.5 ctd mid bass in mine. I like it!!!
I am going through all the pictures I took and I don't think I took any of the back side, well not with them flipped over. I have pictures that I am posting now that show the backside with out and build up on it yet.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well photobucket is up and working now so here are some more pictures, keep in mind its not totally done yet lol and I don't do this for a living.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
here are a few more

My buddy wrapping the pods for me, I suck at it lol

·
Premium Member
17,244 Posts
Nice work! How do you get from the first pic below to the second pic below? I think I generally understand how you got to the first pic, but how do you go from there to a pod w/ smooth contours?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nice work! How do you get from the first pic below to the second pic below? I think I generally understand how you got to the first pic, but how do you go from there to a pod w/ smooth contours?

I stretch material acrossed it and staple it on the bottom. You just stretch it and it takes it own shape. After you sand the fiberglass down, I go in with a filler to help smooth it out. Since I was wrapping them and not painting I didn't have to do as much sanding or filling because the material hides it.

Reactions: bestatchess

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Now thats what im talking about!!!! Awsome wo.rk man! I will gwt started on mine soon.Waiting on all my wires, grilles, and one amp to come in.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nice work man! Would you be interested in making more of these for others, like myself? :) How much?
the problem with making them for other ppl is no one wants to spend the money. I have just about $200 in just material to build these. So if I was going to make these for someone it would probably be close to $500 for them. They would look better then mine though thats for sure lol

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well these are the final pictures from the show this weekend. Well the system is done for a min. lol I still have future plans for it soon.

Reactions: StormTroopin

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Looks Sick man! So I need to replace my dash speakers what setup do you recommend for all 3 of them? I will most likely let a shop replace them but im not sure on the brand and model numbers that will fit. Also where can I get The plates for the front doors so I can go to a 6.5" ?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts