Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A drunk driver crossed the center median and struck me head on last week.
My insurance company totaled my Titan as the repair estimate was over $20k.

I am hoping to replace it with a new king cab 4x4 LE short bed or Pro-4-X. I'm having a really tough time though locating one with side airbags in majestic blue/charcoal.

Attachments

·
Registered
257 Posts
dayum, hope you are ok, that looks bad what was the other guy driving?

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Wow, glad to hear you made it out and seem to be doing alright. The Titan is always replaceable, your life isn't. What vehicle was the other driver operating?

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
Ouch, I feel for ya, but as long as everyone is OK I am sure you will love your new Titan just as much. Good color choice by the way.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I hope you are doing alright. That had to have shaken you up. Hope insurance treats you right.

I totaled my 2004 XE KC in December. A college coed turned left in front of me in a new beatle. Her car was completely messed up, but there was very little intrusion into the cabin. She was fine. The VW seems like a very safe car. The Titan held up fine, airbag worked. I put a skid mark on the seat belt where it tried to hold back my 220 pounds. It wouldn't retract after that, but it did its job. She had Farmer's and they took care of me. Got a new 2008 SE CC.

·
Premium Member
4,626 Posts
Nice to know your truck protected you. Good luck with the next one and wish you only good times with it. Did they treat you well in loss value for your truck? Did you get the sales tax too?

Clint

·
Registered
418 Posts
dang bro. that looks real bad. glad you made it out ok. hope gettin the new truck works out for ya...

·
Registered
686 Posts
The Titan doesn't have much of a front crumple zone but it looks like it did its job there. Glad to see you made it out ok.

·
Premium Member
44,904 Posts
OUCH!
Majestic Blue is the way to go!
Let us know when u get the new one!

·
Registered
61 Posts
That sucks, but glad to hear you and hopefully the passengers in the other car are all ok. I'm curious though...why did YOUR insurance company total your truck. It should be the insurance company of the OTHER driver that is totaling the truck. I hope that it wasn't turned in under your policy. I've had some bad experiences and lessons learned about how to deal with the insurance companies over the past couple of years, unfortunately. Hope it all works out for you!

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Actually I think it looks worse then it is because the bumper, grill, and headlights are gone, but their doesn't look to be much intrusion into the engine compartment and the windshield is not broke.

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
I don't know about the rest of you, but I bought the gap insurance when I financed my Titan. It will pay any difference between they pay off at the time they total the truck and what you owe the bank. With the first year depreciation most people see (all trucks really) it's good piece of mind.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks everyone for their wishes! I am very thankful to have survived the accident. I credit the Titan and the front/side airbags for saving me.

I was traveling about 45 mph prior to the accident and did not have time to brake. The other driver was driving a Tacoma.

I went through my insurance company because within a week, I already had a check for the loss. I have been insured with them since I was 16, and they have always come through for me.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Glad your ok. What happened to the truck? Just wondering about some parts.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Damn - glad to hear you're okay! And it looks like that truck did exactly as it was supposed to. If it was head on at 45mph or so, that puts it at a complete stop at around 90mph. Hell even if that was a slam into the wall at 45 those crumple zones are pretty impressive.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Clint said:
Nice to know your truck protected you. Good luck with the next one and wish you only good times with it. Did they treat you well in loss value for your truck? Did you get the sales tax too?

Clint
Not sure if you were directing that at me or a4bry4, so I will answer. (hijacking thread:bump:) Farmers gave me more than I paid for my truck a year ago. Not so shocking, I bought it for trade-in value and they gave me retail value. Plus they gave me the sales tax, 10 bucks to relicense, and some money for the aftermarket stuff. They also gave me a medical insurance claim number so my doctor visits and prescriptions were paid for immediately. I haven't asked them for lost wages, but I think they will do that as well. They are a little disorganized, my wife hates them, but in the end, Farmer's took care of me.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Scott. said:
Glad your ok. What happened to the truck? Just wondering about some parts.
I released my interest in the truck over to the insurance company.
What were you looking for?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Sorry for your loss, at least you are with us to tell about it. Just like a Titan owner to try and buy parts off of someone's tradegy, so did you say the insurance company have the truck? just kidding. Good luck finding the replacement.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts