Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
160,783 Posts
Yes, you can tow. You just won't have the capacity that a factory equipped BT Titan would have. You don't have the lower (higher numerical) gear ratio. And I think your truck may already have the relays in place. I'm not sure on that one though. If not, there are a few threads around that tell you what you'd need.

Edit: And go with the factory hitch. It's worth it. I think you can even find packages that would include any relays you may not have. You're wired for it though.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
160,783 Posts
Ourbaby said:
Dont the button only change your shift points in the tranny?
Yes, it raises the shift points in the first three gears.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,251 Posts
BREWDOG said:
I was just worried about the tranny having problems in the future and or rear end.
Use the button, seems the only thing your missing is the big mirrors and the different gears. Tow away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
834 Posts
I think that a transmission cooler is part of the OEM towing package. You can have that added on when you put on your aftermarket hitch. I do not have the cooler personally, but the largest thing I tow is my 14' aluminum boat & motor on trailer. I also heard that a larger or more powerful battery is part of the OEM towing package.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,660 Posts
07cajuntitan said:
I think that a transmission cooler is part of the OEM towing package. You can have that added on when you put on your aftermarket hitch. I do not have the cooler personally, but the largest thing I tow is my 14' aluminum boat & motor on trailer. I also heard that a larger or more powerful battery is part of the OEM towing package.

all titans come with the tranny cooler. Tow package adds tow mirrors, tranny temp gage, pre wiring for brake controller, hitch, bigger battery and tow gears (offroad pkg has the gears too).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,446 Posts
Ourbaby said:
Dont the button only change your shift points in the tranny?
Yes it raise the shift point, this prevent lugging of the engine and the tranny shifting back and forth looking for gears.


cneary812 said:
all titans come with the tranny cooler. Tow package adds tow mirrors, tranny temp gage, pre wiring for brake controller, hitch, bigger battery and tow gears (offroad pkg has the gears too).
Actually all Titan come with two tranny cooler.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,660 Posts
baseballfanz said:
Yes it raise the shift point, this prevent lugging of the engine and the tranny shifting back and forth looking for gears.



Actually all Titan come with two tranny cooler.:D

1...2...3...4... I declare tow war :gunz: :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
cneary812 said:
all titans come with the tranny cooler. Tow package adds tow mirrors, tranny temp gage, pre wiring for brake controller, hitch, bigger battery and tow gears (offroad pkg has the gears too).
I have a base 2007 xe, it was prewired for the brake controller. Not sure about other years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,660 Posts
leavundst said:
I have a base 2007 xe, it was prewired for the brake controller. Not sure about other years.

sounds like you have the xe with tow package (no tow mirrors) Do you have a tranny temp gage in the center of your console right side, or is it covered up? If the gage is visible then you have the tow package, if not maybe the dealer added the brake controller add on.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top