1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Titan SV
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

new here...

I’m trying to remove my tow hooks from my 2018 Nissan Titan SV but holy crap, they are a pain in the you know what! The chrome bumper wraps underneath where the splash guard is and then the metal is wrapped behind that. Getting a socket is impossible and the dang wrench just keeps falling. I’m trying to install a brush guard.

Any tips?

·
Premium Member
72,927 Posts
Adapt, improvise, overcome... Just do it! :)

Reactions: matt20

·
Registered
3 Posts
I installed a bull bar on my 2012 SV, put bluntly..it's a bi*ch. If I can do it, anyone can! I used a combination of sockets and open end I think, lots of dropped wrenches, cussing in 5 languages, but got it done. My bull bar was even harder because it had a raised edge and made it incredibly hard to get on, not to mention holding it in place the entire time. Considered cutting some steel off for better access. Try, try, and do it.

·
Registered
2018 Nissan Titan SV
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I installed a bull bar on my 2012 SV, put bluntly..it's a bi*ch. If I can do it, anyone can! I used a combination of sockets and open end I think, lots of dropped wrenches, cussing in 5 languages, but got it done. My bull bar was even harder because it had a raised edge and made it incredibly hard to get on, not to mention holding it in place the entire time. Considered cutting some steel off for better access. Try, try, and do it.
cutting steel off? Like the bumper?

·
Registered
3 Posts
No. Was referring to the bull bar I installed, sorry for the mixed message. My bull bar had u shaped extensions, which made it very difficult to install. Removing tow hooks were relatively easy compared. No tricks or magic, I just kept at it until done.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey all,

new here...

I’m trying to remove my tow hooks from my 2018 Nissan Titan SV but holy crap, they are a pain in the you know what! The chrome bumper wraps underneath where the splash guard is and then the metal is wrapped behind that. Getting a socket is impossible and the dang wrench just keeps falling. I’m trying to install a brush guard.

Any tips?
Any luck? I have a 2018 and want to put the RC shackle conversion kit and can't seem to see how to remove tow hooks without removing bumper. The front bolts on both, particularly the drivers side, is so hard to get to I don't see an alternative.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Any luck? I have a 2018 and want to put the RC shackle conversion kit and can't seem to see how to remove tow hooks without removing bumper. The front bolts on both, particularly the drivers side, is so hard to get to I don't see an alternative.
I tried the RC conversion kit and sent them back. The tow hooks are a pain and I decided not to. I’m thinking the bumper needs to come off. I have an ‘18

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,860 Posts
i think everything i have read says to take the bumper loose and slide it forward a bit so you can reach the heads of the bolts. use a floor jack or jackstands to hold stuff up while you are under there

·
Registered
22 Posts
i think everything i have read says to take the bumper loose and slide it forward a bit so you can reach the heads of the bolts. use a floor jack or jackstands to hold stuff up while you are under there
Would you happen to have some links or info that shows how to loosen or remove the front bumper?

·
Registered
2017 texas titan 4x4
3,860 Posts
no. i just happened to read all the new posts on here since work is so slow and there had been a number of people having the same issue over the last year. finally one guy posted about just loosening the bolts and sliding the bumper forward and inch let him do everything he needed to do. nothing pops up in the search? it would be one of the more recent threads on tow hooks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts