Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
I actually wondered the same thing, but my sheyat is too new to be dogging on hard enough to find out. Makes sense, tho.

·
Registered
520 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
There's something seriously wrong with that question!!!:rolleyes: :huh:
^^^^ What he said ^^^^ Think about your question .... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
120 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
That should be Fat "Opossum", shouldn't it? lol
...mebbe' where you're from.

I think Sequentez's question referred to how the tow mode delays shift points...shorter shifts at higher rpms. theoretically, (or if its a rental truck,) tow mode should make it quicker 0-60. I'm no nissan engineer, but I do like kobe, and it works for me.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Fat Possum said:
I think Sequentez's question referred to how the tow mode delays shift points...shorter shifts at higher rpms. theoretically, (or if its a rental truck,) tow mode should make it quicker 0-60. I'm no nissan engineer, but I do like kobe, and it works for me.
...until you realize the truck will shift at redline when floored, which is higher than tow mode's shift points.

Thus, tow mode ain't gonna do diddy squat for shifts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well so when i race i should just keep the tow mode off...i was thinking that the tow mode would keep the gear longer. it seems like when i do race the trany just goes into second and third so easy

·
Registered
520 Posts
Sequentez said:
well so when i race i should just keep the tow mode off...i was thinking that the tow mode would keep the gear longer. it seems like when i do race the trany just goes into second and third so easy
Don't you have the manual shift option ??? LOL :) :rolleyes:

Nissan_Shift_move_lever_from 1st - 2nd - 3rd - etc... or you can throw it in Drive and floor it :teethmast :teethmast either will work better than "Tow Mode"

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
Where everyone's from. The animal is an "Opossum". No idea why because we all call it Possum....or roadkill!:cheers:
We call 'em organic speed bumps...

·
Registered
120 Posts
http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/possum I can't imagine why you give such a sheyat about my name, but I guess it's such a commonly accepted usage that most folks, (like Websters,) don't discern between usage of Possum or Opossum,... especially on a truck forum thread about tow mode shifts.

Considering that the tow mode also shortens the shift, besides delaying shift points.....if you're at WOT it should, in theory, have faster 0-60, (even if minutely faster,) just due to the crisper, shorter shifts.
Anybody got a better than the already posted shadetree answers? Or better yet; real world experience with and without Tow Mode at the strip? Not that I'm certain I'm correct, and no offense, but so far it sounds like people are shooting from the hip on the responses.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Fat Possum said:
http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/possum I can't imagine why you give such a sheyat about my name, but I guess it's such a commonly accepted usage that most folks, (like Websters,) don't discern between usage of Possum or Opossum,... especially on a truck forum thread about tow mode shifts.

Considering that the tow mode also shortens the shift, besides delaying shift points.....if you're at WOT it should, in theory, have faster 0-60, (even if minutely faster,) just due to the crisper, shorter shifts.
Anybody got a better than the already posted shadetree answers? Or better yet; real world experience with and without Tow Mode at the strip? Not that I'm certain I'm correct, and no offense, but so far it sounds like people are shooting from the hip on the responses.
There is no benefit in performance by having the tow mode on... I've made 30+ timed runs at the drag strip, and tow mode didn't affect it one way or another as far as elapsed time or mph.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Fat Possum said:

Sounds like maybe you need to go the track.

·
Registered
120 Posts
bluovalguy said:
Sounds like maybe you need to go the track.

No doubt. But current odo is 2,700 miles, so I should probably wait until it's broken in. :cheers:

sounds like Jtmvol has laid down the straight 411 already, though, and experience beats the sheyat outta' theory anyday.

·
Registered
837 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
...As for the use of TOW MODE, it holds part throttle shifts longer for obvious reasons. While "racing", you're using WOT which will push shifts to just below redline anyhow, negating tow modes shift point changes.
This explains it very well. Tow Mode is only for "normal" driving while pulling a load. Shift points are raised to stay in the power band a little longer before shifting to the next gear. If you are towing and you floor it, the tranny will not shift until you hit redline, same as when not towing.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks for the articulate response, that woulda' been nice had it been your first post in this thread. Regardless, I think the OP's (and my own) question about "tow mode" racing was finally clearly answered.

As far as the giggly "lol" boolsheyat: if you really want to keep going on with the stupid crap about how you think I misspelled my screen name please just PM me where we can speak more freely to each other instead of hijacking this guy's thread with the grade school "tee hee" sheyat. :gay:

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
textitan13 said:
in my parents suburban the tow mode kicks up the idle rpm, does the titan tow mode do this?
I assume you're talking about while in park? That would be a nice feature to kick up the alternator output for the batteries, etc.

·
Registered
120 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
If you don't want blah, blah, blah, I'm an old fart...I like young boys, blah blah, wanna' chat offline? blah, blah, a/s/l?, blah, I live in my mom's basement, yada, yahh, and I know it all....., and I'm a zoologist....I feel needy and want to continue this so people think I'm important.,,..blabbity blab....needyboy, mommy never hugged me...blah, blah, teacher touched me... long after you're fortgotten, kid...or whatever.
Now...back to our regularly scheduled programming, 'cause I'm such a gheywad.
Whu?!

/ "sheyat"....as in, "you have sheyat for brains."
// *yawns* and is glad he is not a crotchety old fart, too.

·
Registered
120 Posts
HudsonValleyTitan said:
Feeling a little inapt are we? : :
ha, you're one to talk about educations, old guy. To clarify,...the word your wife uses to describe you in bed, and your boss uses to describes you at work is INEPT, not INAPT. (it just sounded like inapt 'cause of all the old guy hair blossoming out of your ears.)

/loves how you annoying dinglewads talk smack about TN, then move here in droves.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts