Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went on vacation over the forth and I towed a 27' travel trailer weighing about 8500 lbs. She pulled great. We went about 700 miles and I averaged about 7 miles per gallon. Thats without my speedo being changed for my lift. I pulled one big mtn. pass and I was able to hold 60 mph in 2nd gear. I'm really glad I had the tranny cooler on my Titan because my temp guage went to hot twice. All and all was well and once again I'm glad I baught a Titan!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Eric,

On the heating issue, there is a recall. Just came out last week. I was also overheating.....guess those factory guys have installed the fan backwards or something. Just an FYI you might want to check into. Fix took my delaer about 4 hours (it was the first they had done). But now I'm nice and cool.

·
Registered
2 Posts
said recall is for the condenser fan. some of the fans from factory had the wiring mixed up, so instead of sucking air into the engine bay, it's blowing it out. the dealership replaces both the harness and the fan, just to be sure it's going the right way

·
Registered
25 Posts
60 in 2nd gear towing 8500lbs... NO WONDER why your truck got hot... damn man next time let off the skinny pedal a little. Its not a freakin race to the top of the hill. The other side is still gonna be there if it takes you a couple extra minutes to get there

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like I always say, go big or go home! It's always a race when I'm driving my Titan. You have to push it to its limits sometimes just to see what it can do! My dad has a diesel pusher motorhome with 375 hp and he went up the same pass and he was only able to hold 35mph. It also gives me pleasure when I blow by other trucks towing trailers.

·
Premium Member
58,286 Posts

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Eric Warner said:
Like I always say, go big or go home! It's always a race when I'm driving my Titan. You have to push it to its limits sometimes just to see what it can do!
My wife shakes her head when I tell her that, but its true, sometime you have to see what your ride can do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts