Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Nissan Titan Pro 4X4 with tow package. I have a 24 foot boat and a 29 foot RV trailer. The boat weighs approximately 5 to 6,000 lbs depending on what we are doing and the RV trailer weighs about 5,500 lbs empty and approximately 6 to 7,000 lbs during also depending where we are going. My question is, do I need to use the tow package feature for towing the boat and RV. I feel the boat is light enough that I can tow it on regular mode but use the tow feature for the RV. Your thoughts please.

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
You don't need to but it's just designed to help get up to speed quicker so I'm not sure why you wouldn't use it.
You can drive around with the T/H mode activated all the time if you want to.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I assume that the gen 2 tow mode button is the same as gen 1. The tow mode helps hold the truck in gear longer. In other words, it delays the transmission from jumping into a taller gear too soon while under load. If you find that in regular mode that your transmission goes to a taller gear but upshifts again from the load, the tow mode feature should then be used. For my boat towing, I seldom use the tow mode unless I am heavily loaded with other gear and driving on hilly terrain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts