Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recieved this bulletin this morning, and here is the part that concerns you guys!!

Reference: NAB/04-020 Date: March 31, 2004
TO: ALL NISSAN SALES, PARTS, AND SERVICE MANAGERS
SUBJECT: TOWING ACCESSORIES – APPLICATION & HARNESS UPDATES
FRONTIER, PATHFINDER, TITAN
This is to advise you that there are changes to the following towing accessories:
1. MY04 Titan: Application Update
 XE models are NOT pre-wired for trailer brakes
2. MY98 – MY04 Frontier: New Tow Harness Kits
 Increased capacity for trailer lighting circuits from 3.0 amps to 9.0 amps
 Automatic circuit overload protection to protect vehicle circuits from trailer
electrical load
 Automatic reset of overload circuit breaker
3. MY04 - Pathfinder: New Tow Harness Kit
 Increased capacity for trailer lighting circuits from 3.0 amps to 16.8 amps
 Automatic circuit overload protection to protect vehicle circuits from trailer
electrical load
 Automatic reset of overload circuit breaker
Application Details:
1. MY04 Titan: XE models NOT prewired for trailer brake
The MY04 Titan Accessories Application Chart communicated in NAB/04-005 does not
specify that XE models have no factory-installed trailer brake pre-wiring.
DESCRIPTION PART NUMBER APPLICATION DEALER

SUGG. RETAIL $229.00
Receiver Hitch 999T5-WQ100 All, w/o Big Tow Pkg - NO trailer
brake pre-wiring on XE models

·
Registered
514 Posts
This great to have someone posting these here. I think it would be a good idea to have another message group for TSBs and Recall notices.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Great, looks like i'm gonna have to pay someone to do it. I don't see why just because you have the xe model that they wouldn't include stuff like that since it is the same engine throughout each models, even though the other ones have an optional towing package.

·
Registered
16 Posts
MaxPowers said:
I have an XE and plan to get a hitch and stuff. What does that mean if i want to wire it?
You will have to get a hardwire kit like I did for the brake controller. I did the install myself but it was a PITA.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pre-wire kit for XE???

christitan said:
You will have to get a hardwire kit like I did for the brake controller. I did the install myself but it was a PITA.
Chris,

Where'd you get the kit? Just bought my XE yesterday and I am ready to install hitch and brake controller.

Man, I love this truck!

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Titan Aggie said:
Chris,

Where'd you get the kit? Just bought my XE yesterday and I am ready to install hitch and brake controller.

Man, I love this truck!
Hope this question doesn't sound stupid.

Put my Class IV on, hooked up the trailer, did the usual light test, and had the results we all know about by now. I bought the two relays for the under-the-hood fuse box, now the break lights, tail lights, and back-up lights all work properly. When I run a trailer with brakes, THEY WON'T WORK?? if not, what the hell else do I need to do to have the trailer's brakes work correctly?

·
Registered
277 Posts
pciley said:
Hope this question doesn't sound stupid.

Put my Class IV on, hooked up the trailer, did the usual light test, and had the results we all know about by now. I bought the two relays for the under-the-hood fuse box, now the break lights, tail lights, and back-up lights all work properly. When I run a trailer with brakes, THEY WON'T WORK?? if not, what the hell else do I need to do to have the trailer's brakes work correctly?
I am coming into this not knowing what has been discussed in previous threads. Does your brake controller have 12v to it and is it wired back to the 7 pin connector. You have to either install a harness with the proper wiring (if they make such an animal for the Titan) or run your own wiring to get the 12v for the brakes. There may also be a fuse that needs to be installed.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey Jamie, how about putting the xm reciever on sale this month?

·
Registered
356 Posts
You never said that you installed an aftermarket brake controller! Nissan does not sell one that I know of, but they do supply and sell a wiring harness for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts