Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2004 Grand Cherokee Jeep that came with a trailer hitch and I have never towed before. I would like to start towing light weight trailers like 6x12's or U-Hauls one or two room trailers. Can anyone help me get started with this .... (the learning and who would I contact)? I know I need to get a BALL and I think I need to fiqure out the tongue weight or something

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
not to be a smartass but if you plan to tow a u haul trailer i'd make a pit stop by u haul and have them set you up with the proper size ball and drawbar ( what the ball attatches too and slides into the reciver hitch) that'd probably be the best way to go. I have one with a 2 1/2 drop I think and i rent the 12 foot tandem (2) axle trailers from them from time to time and everything sits nice and level but the rear end of the titan probably sits a bit higher than a jeep so that mite not work for you.

·
Registered
662 Posts
You need to look in your owners manual to find out your max tow capacity and max tongue weight. Your Jeep should be like the Dodge I had, it doesn't have a tow mode, but you can turn the OD off. I too would stop UHAUL and let them fix you up with all that you need. If you feel that they are tryiing to rip you off then get back on here, and we will steer you in the right direction.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
or just find out what you need from them and head to wal-mart. wal mart stocks reese accessories now which is pretty top notch in the towing world.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts