Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend I hooked up my 63 C10 and yanked it across the state from my mothers house to my new place here in Goldsboro. Truck was pretty heavy, it didnt help I had my 500lb gun safe in the bed of the truck too.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I bet you could have backed it up about a foot and had less tongue weight then. Nice looking Chevy, like them big tires on the rear! :)

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Yea or you could have put it on the trailer backwards, That would have taken a lot of wieght of the Titan and put it on the trailer wheels, but its good to see the Titan handled it without any issues.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Nice truck's! I love the old ford & chevy pickup's! :)

You know it's funny that if you spell chevy lower case it tries to tell you the c need's to be capitalized. LOL

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
damn was it easy to drive while looking at the sky?

was the safe in the t bed? i woulda had it in the chev and backed the chevy up closer to the end of the trailer. let the trailer wheels take more of the weight

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had to put the Chevy that far up due to the way the straps work on the U haul trailer. I also couldnt back it up there cause too much of the bed of the chevy would have been hanging over in front of the trailer. I tried that after I laoded it up originally, but the bed of the chevy was about 8" fron the bed of the Titan and that was a no go, would have been some serious damage. Also the Safe was in the bed of the T, in hind sight I wish I would have loaded it in the bed of the chevy to help take some weight off the T, but the truck handled it great all the way across the state of NC and even up and down the mountain on I-40 near Asheville. Also got a MPG of 11.8 the whole trip, put the cruise on 55mph and just took my time.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Nice 63!!! You're selling it? Wish I had the extra funds. I also like the 68-70 GMC trucks.

Reactions: gweasel77

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah im selling it, I really need a 4x4 quad to get my broke knee *** around the hunting property. So the selling of one toy will finance the purchase of another.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Great looking old chevy. I had a '69 once. Best truck I ever owned...'cept the T of course.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Nice 63!!! You're selling it? Wish I had the extra funds. I also like the 68-70 GMC trucks.

I always loved the old stepsides. Nice old GMC!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I had to put the Chevy that far up due to the way the straps work on the U haul trailer. I also couldnt back it up there cause too much of the bed of the chevy would have been hanging over in front of the trailer. I tried that after I laoded it up originally, but the bed of the chevy was about 8" fron the bed of the Titan and that was a no go, would have been some serious damage. Also the Safe was in the bed of the T, in hind sight I wish I would have loaded it in the bed of the chevy to help take some weight off the T, but the truck handled it great all the way across the state of NC and even up and down the mountain on I-40 near Asheville. Also got a MPG of 11.8 the whole trip, put the cruise on 55mph and just took my time.
Hey that I-40 ride is steep. I live off I 40 exit 90 about 10 miles east of the foot of that mtn trip!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice Chevy I got a 70 short bed Ford 2 wheel drive. Anyway does your T have Big Tow? And how did it tow? About how much you think you was pulling? Got a TT looking forward to spring to see how my T tows it. Its about 6300lb an I dont have to the Big Tow. Thanks for an info:redblob"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts