Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've had my Titan since 06', it is an 06' KC, 4X4, off road package, Tow package, and I bought a new Toy Hauler a couple of months back. Scales put the trailer at 6020# with 35 gallons of gas in the fuel station, and our two bikes, (07' YZ450, and an 09' CRF150R RB), on board.
I've got a Reese Dual Cam 14k hitch, and she feels good pulling, even with the Mojave Desert winds blowin' at 50 mph+ she feels good, though in the high winds she does strain a bit, but the tack rarely break 35k at 55mph, I've got the vent mod on the RR axel, and will be droppin' in a cold air intake next week, I'm thinkin' the Volant or Bully Dog for the lower exhaust note,
I've got E rated tires, (Goodrick All Terrain T/A's), other than that, I'll be keepin' everything stock--that said, I've been lurking the blogs and have found out the 06'r's shackles might be a problem. Opinions on those?
Should I be worried?
I imagine the ride will be bumpy on occasion's, those being when we camp at the track or in the dessert.
Anyway, what your advice, and what can I expect to pay?

·
Registered
6,823 Posts
Replace those 06 shackles ASAP. The 08+ OEM shackle is a great alternative.

·
Premium Member
21,312 Posts
Or, if the dealer doesn't have the shackles in stock then check out PRGProducts.com. They make a set for the Titan.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Call greg at prg. He has some in stock. I just saw someone ordered some on friday and received them today.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using AutoGuide App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts