Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 SE without any big tow options. I want to be prepared to tow, although I havent towed anythign yet. I installed a hitch, and took a quick look at the wiring harness in the back that i assume is for the trailer lights.

I have heard that the wiring harness doesnt work without purchasing additional relays, is this correct?

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how much did the dealer charge for them?

Courtesy also states the 06' takes ONE relay for the lights, but by looking at mine, it clearly appears to need two of them, so I ordered two , one for each side of the lights, left and right.

·
Premium Member
92,253 Posts

·
Registered
12,510 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats bull. they try that with me, well, lets just say int aint gonna happen. I dont roll over for crap like that, and i hope the other guy doesnt either.

·
Registered
461 Posts
titan14 said:
thats bull. they try that with me, well, lets just say int aint gonna happen. I dont roll over for crap like that, and i hope the other guy doesnt either.
They tried that with my 2001 Xterra, My rear drums were warped to sh!t I new it was from towing my boat. When I went to the dealer to get the drums checked under warranty they told me that I was towing too heavy of a load. I told them what I was towing and the weight and that shut them up because the boat was only about 2500 pounds. It wasn't only the weight of the boat but the hills I had to come down on the way home from the lake that did the drums in. Needles to say I got new drums under warranty. Just another example of poor brake hardware, When is Nissan gonna learn to beef up there brake systems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts