Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been scouring the forums for a legitimate tow capacity for my truck and am wondering if the XE with the offroad package which has the fat tires can pull more than 6500 lbs. I have a 19 ft trailer that is dry at 5700 lbs. With gear and passengers I am probably approaching my limit at 6500 lbs. I have the dana rear axle and limited slip and I have installed the prodigy brake controller. Any input on what I can REALLY tow and possible mods to help disperse the weight. Also, does the XE 05 have a tranny cooler?

Thanks

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
All Titans have same dual tranny coolers. Since you have the OR, you have the lower gears. You can tow same as a BT, you only lack the temp gage. 9,400 for a CC, 9,500 for a KC.

Sounds like you'll be safe. Use the OEM Receiver and relays etc, it's a good deal to buy that if you don't already have it. WD Hitch if above about 7,000#, but that is another story.

Go to www.nissanusa.com to download the Nissan towing guide in PDF format... It list exact details of towing and payload capacities.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yup i tow all the time with mine and she does amazing!

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
I have the dana rear axle and limited slip
Really?....I should have gotten that too, all I have is the factory stuff...:huh:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I called Nissan and they could not even tell me what my tow capacity was. I found out what XE stands for. "experimental edition." I guess that's why so many of the XE's have different features. I know some folks have trouble finding the brake controller connection on their trucks. Mine had a connector.

I'm going to look into an equalizer hitch assembly. Thanks again. I figured I was okay with my load. The truck hauls my trailer no problem even in the high elevation hill climbs.

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
Thanks for the info. I called Nissan and they could not even tell me what my tow capacity was. I found out what XE stands for. "experimental edition." I guess that's why so many of the XE's have different features. I know some folks have trouble finding the brake controller connection on their trucks. Mine had a connector.
Cool, you got one of those "prototype" trucks...:upsidedow

I don't understand why it's so hard to find the tow ratings, it's in the Owners Manual...

·
Registered
6,373 Posts
loufish said:
Cool, you got one of those "prototype" trucks...:upsidedow

I don't understand why it's so hard to find the tow ratings, it's in the Owners Manual...
That is just too practical! Read the manual, no way... :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts