Nissan Titan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just called Les Schwabs (My family is very buddy buddy, first name basis with the guys there) and they quoted me $1380 out the door, for 4 Toyo AT's in a 285/75R17 size.

My thoughts on that? Well it kind of pissed me off.

So I then proceed to call America's tire. The guy who answered was very friendly and talked to me about his experience with the Nitto Terra Graps (Expedition and a 3/4 Silvy). After listening to him, I was thoroughly convinced on the Nittos. Even better, he quoted me $971 otd for the same size. 50k warranty, 30 day money back guarantee. Needless to say, America's Tire was far more impressive to me.

I have toyo's right now and they are ok. Is the jump to the Nitto's worth it? Need some opinions here! :redblob"

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
My buddy had the Toyo AT's before going to the trail grapps and they're great tires, but he got TERRIBLE mileage out of them...I think they only lasted him about 25k. For that price difference, I'd go with the Nittos, I really don't think you'll notice that much of a difference, they're very similar tires.

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
They are the SAME tire from the same manufacturer.... It's 6 of one, 1/2 a dozen of the other.... :D
I knew it was the same manufacturer, but didn't realize they were the same tire... :lol:

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
That's kind of what I was thinking. I knew they were from the same owner, but didn't know they were so identical. Thanks guys, mucho appreciation! :cheers:

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the NTG's and have about 20k on them and they still look new to me. I think they look a little more agressive IMO too.
Anything you don't like about them? And what you like about them? I agree, they do look more aggresive

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Anything you don't like about them? And what you like about them? I agree, they do look more aggresive
Nothing. I love everything about them. They are smooth, quiet, & most agressive looking for an AT tire. When I lift my T though it will be a harder decision between Toyo MT and Niito trails but as far as AT, I say NTG's.

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nothing. I love everything about them. They are smooth, quiet, & most agressive looking for an AT tire. When I lift my T though it will be a harder decision between Toyo MT and Niito trails but as far as AT, I say NTG's.
Thanks bro, the more advice the better. Got any good sidewall pics on your truck?

These are what mine will be going on :hat:

Attachments

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did some more research. Looks like if I rotate them about every 4k miles and run the right psi, they'll be great. Anybody know the right psi to run them at?

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Mine sucked in the rain last year, but I had them siped at the end of summer, and now they are much better in the rain. I am running mine at around 48 psi and for the 75 series, I'd do the same.

·
Premium Member
37,152 Posts
I never had any problems in the rain either, I thought they were fantastic. I ran mine at 45 psi.

·
Registered
501 Posts
discount tire. they price match everyone. i took an add off tires on ebay and they matched it. free rotation and good warranty

Reactions: StormTroopin

·
Registered
17,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You guys rock. I think america's tire and discount tire are the same, bit I get the point. I drive in the rain a lot, being from washington state, so that's a big factor for me

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
You guys rock. I think america's tire and discount tire are the same, bit I get the point. I drive in the rain a lot, being from washington state, so that's a big factor for me
Its weird cause mine are great in the rain. I thought NTG's came siped. I thought I remember the sales guy telling me, that is what gives it great grip showing me how it spread out to grab the road.

Reviews - Nitto Terra Grappler Reviews by Offroaders.com - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Review Engine Powered by ReviewPost

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Most tires have some sipes, but aftermarket siping adds hundreds of U shaped razor cuts, and doesn't remove/eliminate any tread material like the larger molded in siping does.

Btw, Les Schwab siped the ones I bought from Discount Tire Direct.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts