Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out what the man in the brown truck brought today! These tires are a lot more aggressive in person compared to pictures I've seen online. I can't wait to get them on the truck now! Oh, by the way, they are 275/70/18.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Great choice. It was down to that tire and the Nitto Terra Grappler and I went to the Nitto.

When you get those on, share some pics please.

Merc

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great choice. It was down to that tire and the Nitto Terra Grappler and I went to the Nitto.

When you get those on, share some pics please.

Merc
Will do. I was considering the Nitto too, but my current set are Toyo and they were great tires so I figured why change.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'm thinking of getting a set of those for the summertime mounted on my 17's. Just so I don't wear out my M/T's too quick, I'll just swap back and forth between seasons. How many miles did you get out of them? I'm also considering the nitto terra grapplers for the price.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking of getting a set of those for the summertime mounted on my 17's. Just so I don't wear out my M/T's too quick, I'll just swap back and forth between seasons. How many miles did you get out of them? I'm also considering the nitto terra grapplers for the price.
The Toyo's I have on the truck now are the H/T, not the A/T, but I have almost 75K on them with a little less than 4/32 left. You can't go wrong with the Nittos or Toyos, both are quality tires.

·
Registered
496 Posts
The Toyo's I have on the truck now are the H/T, not the A/T, but I have almost 75K on them with a little less than 4/32 left. You can't go wrong with the Nittos or Toyos, both are quality tires.
Damn 75k, that's a crap load of miles for any set of tires.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I am on my second set of terra grapplers. With proper care I think you will be good for 35-40K minimum.

Merc

What are your thoughts on the Toyo MT on the road or hard surface?

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got them mounted today and I like how they look on the truck. From the side, they don't look too flashy with a crazy sidewall design, but once you get a glimpse of the tread you know they mean business. Here are some before and after pictures:

Before

After

Before

After

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
They look nice. That will be a nice tire for you. Still think I like the look of the Nitto just a tad better. Would love to have the Toyo MT's on. Now that is a bad *** looking tire. Overkill for what I do with my truck though.

Thanks for sharing bro !

Merc

·
Registered
4 Posts
Having the Toyo Open Country ATs put on my truck today. I put a 2" leveling kit on last night and am having the 285/70r17 put on. I can't wait to see it. I was going to go with the Nitto until I found out the Toyos had a 50000 mile warranty and that was enough to sell me on them.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Having the Toyo Open Country ATs put on my truck today. I put a 2" leveling kit on last night and am having the 285/70r17 put on. I can't wait to see it. I was going to go with the Nitto until I found out the Toyos had a 50000 mile warranty and that was enough to sell me on them.
They are pretty much the same tire. The toyos are a better quality cuz the nittos are a knock off of them, just made with less quality material.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,251 Posts

·
Registered
14,140 Posts
They are pretty much the same tire. The toyos are a better quality cuz the nittos are a knock off of them, just made with less quality material.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Its the same company. One owns the other.

BTW whats with the thread revivals lately?:bang:

·
Registered
14,140 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts