Nissan Titan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My TPMS light came on, I checked the tire pressure on all 4 tires and it's right where it needs to be. How do I get it to turn off? Is there a reset?

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
21,114 Posts
It's possible that one of the sensors has either failed or the onboard computer lost track of it. This happened to me two weeks ago. I went through the TPMS relearn process and that resolved the problem. You need a couple of tools to get this done. See the write-up I did on ClubTitan that shows how: How To: TPMS Relearn - Nissan Titan Forum: Club Titan Forums.

If you're in the Denver area I can do this for you. Otherwise you need to find a tire shop that has the right tools or take it to the dealer. The dealer charges out the nose for this.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's possible that one of the sensors has either failed or the onboard computer lost track of it. This happened to me two weeks ago. I went through the TPMS relearn process and that resolved the problem. You need a couple of tools to get this done. See the write-up I did on ClubTitan that shows how: How To: TPMS Relearn - Nissan Titan Forum: Club Titan Forums.

If you're in the Denver area I can do this for you. Otherwise you need to find a tire shop that has the right tools or take it to the dealer. The dealer charges out the nose for this.
I wish I lived next to Denver, but I'm in NY.

I checked out the owners manual and it said if it "flashes" for a minute, which it does, then it's got some kind of fault. If all else fails, I guess I'll try taking it to a local shop or dealer and see what they can do. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I wish I lived next to Denver, but I'm in NY.

I checked out the owners manual and it said if it "flashes" for a minute, which it does, then it's got some kind of fault. If all else fails, I guess I'll try taking it to a local shop or dealer and see what they can do. Thanks for the info.
Where in NY are you? You can usually find a tire shop who has the tool to tell you if the sensors are sending.

Also, did you happen to install any AV equipment? Apparently they can interfere with the system as I found out when I installed my backup camera - it wasn't until I got new tires that it happened so I assumed it was the tire place but sure enough I found a thread here that had the same issue I did. Once I unplugged the camera it went away. Still need to get around to routing the RCA away from the fuse box.

Others have also had the center speaker cause the issue - not sure if you guys have one on the Titan.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm in Upstate NY right now. Wow, didn't realize the equipment was so sensitive. The only thing I had installed was an XM satellite radio, not sure if that would interfere with the equipment or not, but I'll unplug it and see if it resets it's self. I would have never thought of that!

Oh, and now that I think about it, I too got new tires put on the vehicle, shorty prior to the light coming on.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
21,114 Posts
I have a wireless backup camera and it has not caused any issues. I really doubt it was the cause of my sensor freaking out because the transmitter for the backup camera is currently unplugged.

Before you go to a tire shop call them and ask to make sure they have the tool that is specific to Nissan vehicles. If not, there's always the paperclip trick.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mine came on for no reason at all, checked the tires over and over. Took it to the dealer for a couple recalls, and they reset mine for free.

·
Premium Member
15,679 Posts
mine started doing the blink for a minute, then steady on thing awhile back. Discount tire was able to reset it for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts